“CostaRican Trails "top 10"”

Costa Rican Trails - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$340.00*
and up
Tortuguero Eco-Aventura
More attraction details
Owner description: Costa Rican Trails proudly presents a collection of unique travel experiences in each and every tour. Every multiday package, hotel, tour, and transportation service has been carefully designed and selected to meet our high standards of quality and travel value.
Reviewed February 21, 2009

We are back in Guadeloupe, we want to thank for the way you manage our tour.
Your choice was perfect, exept for the last night in hotel Alta, the restaurant is pathetic...but it's the responsability of our airline shedule problem.
We were very impress by the professionalism of your staff when we have this storm problem in Rincon de la Vieja.
So we w'll recommand your agency to all our friends, here in Guadeloupe but also in France.
Probably w'll comme back to see all we have still to discover in your marvelous country. At this time the problem is that Air Caraibe is closing the line to San Jose, we don't know why...for us another option coul'd be by San Juan Portorico or Miami ?
More over we were very impress by the kindness of all the people in Costa Rica.

Reviewed February 2, 2009

I have never written a review on my experience with Costa Rican Trails, however I now feel it is necessary to do so. We just completed our 5th tour using Costa Rican Trails, we have always had first class service and positive experiences with Wilhelm, Anita, and 3 or 4 of their associates, but this time we happened to be at the Poas Vocano, in the parking lot preparing to leave on January 8, 2009 at 1:20 p.m. when a 6.2 earthquake occurred. We had reservations at a hotel that was badly damaged in the quake and it closed. After making a phone call they made immediate plans for our lodging, even gave us alternative places to go, no extra charge. They were truly concerned for our well being and safety.

We had rented motorcycles from them as well as a van, there were 6 of us traveling together, one of our bikes broke down at about 5:00 p.m. we called the Costa Rican Trails office. They had a new bike delivered to us by 6:00 a.m. the next morning. We have never been taken care of as well by any tour company.

Just wanted to share this with anyone going to Costa Rica. By the way they also made our arrangements to go to Nicaragua which also was excellent.

2  Thank jcbco
Reviewed January 18, 2009

Our first bus picking us up from the airport was on time and prompt- however the bus that was supposed to be there in Puntarenas to take us back to San Jose never showed up. Forty of my closest friends and family stuck on the side of the road in Puntarenas (one of the shadier Costa Rican towns). I called the help line twice- she put me on hold for fifteen minutes and then for five more with no call back and no help whatsoever. All she could tell me is- it wasn't their bus and she was trying to get into contact with who they subcontracted it to. TWO and HALF HOURS LATER, we had to take taxis back to San Jose totaling another 700 dollars, plus my wife's parents and some friends got scammed out of another 150 dollars from a turismo bus just trying to get back to San Jose as well. I haven't heard a word from CostaRican Trails and its been three days- they never emailed me to tell me anything was wrong. If you can avoid this service altogether in my opinion.
out 1500 dollars and my new in-laws trust in going to a foreign country
Thanks Costa Rican Trails!!!

13  Thank lucius37
Reviewed January 4, 2009

We just got back from a great trip to CR. I worked with an advisor from Costa RicanTrails for weeks before the trip to plan the best trip that worked for our family (lots of nature and adventure for a family of 4).
They made excellent suggestions and coordinated everything.
All of the local tour agencies that were contracted were great. On time service, clean vehicles well trained, friendly guides. In particular 'Arenal Adeventures' provided wonderful exursions to La Fortuna waterfall and a volcano walk that included time at Tabacon hot springs. We also loved the accomodations at Sapo Durado in Monte Verde. Costa Rican Trails is an excellent choice to maximize your CR experience, especailly for a first time visitor.
Thanks Costa Rican Trails!

2  Thank lizzy5California
Reviewed December 28, 2008

This was our 1st trip to Costa Rica. After getting 3 quotes, we chose CR trails based on price and service. The drivers were very prompt and friendly. I would highly recommend CR trails for your first trip to Costa Rica. Thanks David.

2  Thank twiggypeg