“A great way to plan your trip to Costa Rica!”

Costa Rican Trails - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Costa Rican Trails proudly presents a collection of unique travel experiences in each and every tour. Every multiday package, hotel, tour, and transportation service has been carefully designed and selected to meet our high standards of quality and travel value.
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A great way to plan your trip to Costa Rica!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband, two teenaged children and I recently returned home from a one week trip to Costa Rica, that was simply amazing! A large part of that is thanks to the organizing and planning that I did ahead of time with David Brenes of Costa Rican Trails. When we were first in touch he asked a lot of questions about our likes and dislikes and then formulated a proposal for our trip. He recommended different hotels in the same area and let me choose which ones I thought would suit my family best. He suggested activities that were age appropriate, he coordinated all of our transfers (we stayed in four different hotels so that was important!) and he answered any questions that I had, promptly and clearly. In the end he put together a "custom trip" for us that turned out beautifully. In addition, once we were in Costa Rica and saw the prices of the hotels and side-trips, we realized what excellent value Costa Rican Trails had given us. All in all, I would return to Costa Rica in a heartbeat and I would do so by working with David and Costa Rican Trails again.
By the way, the 2 day white water rafting adventure with an overnight at an ecolodge was a real highlight!

1 Thank Rochelle D

london
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“this was my fourth three week selfguided tour with Costa rican Trails..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

They are a great company to travel with. They organised our hotels, airport pickups and hire car abso;lutely. seamlessly. I had good and patient advice from them before booking, and they chose some excellent locations for us as well as booking us into some of our own choice. The car hire was organised well and all tirhe representatives were always pleasant and drove carefully. CR Trails provide a 24 hour phone service should there be any unforeseen problem. They are a terrific travel company and I would use them a fifth time. The prices quoted are very reaonable, particularly in comparison withthose based in Europe, and i would recommend using a credit cash transfer company to get the best dollar rate and arrange the transfer, its very easy once you have done it once. My only criticism, is travel directions... but sometimes they are reliant on the hotel to give these, but if there are remote lodges be prepared for surprises, even with GPS!

1 Thank brillandhen
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ask for Edward Sanchez and Hernan Carranza and you will have the best time in Costa Rica!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Our group of 12 people had 8 days trip to Costa Rica and spent time at Arenal, Monteverde and Tamarindo. (3/15-3/23/2014). I was traveling with my husband of 27 years. Edward, our guide and Hernan, driver with us throughout the time and make sure that not only we have a wonderful and memorable time but be safe. The Scheduling was just perfect. Actions and relaxation!! I can’t thank them enough for making our trip wonderful!!! So, if you plan to visit Costa Rica, I highly recommend working with CostaRican Trails and especially, looking for Edward and Hernan. You will have a wonderful time!!!

1 Thank Sunny20130901
Halifax, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Costa Rican Flexi Drive Tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

We booked a trip through Costa Rica Trails in December 2013. We would like to note that we were very pleased with the flexi drive and the hotels. The gentleman and the car rental agent were both very friendly and a pleasure to deal with. We would definitely book again as well as highly recommend you to anyone visiting Costa Rica. We had a great time. Thank you for making our trip a memorable experience.

Bill and Leona
Halifax NS

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Leona R
South Lyon, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Flawless experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

We spent 2 weeks in January in Costa Rica. This was our first time to this beautiful country. Thanks to a friends recommendation we choose CostaRicanTrails to make our travel arrangements. David B. was extremely helpful in tailoring the trip to our specific requests and interests. From our arrival at the San Jose airport to our departure everything was arranged and all we had to do is follow our itinerary and produce the appropriate vouchers. We found the people of Costa Rica friendly and English was spoken at all major tourist sites. We are already dreaming of another tour to Costa Rica.
Ulrike and Dennis M.