“Highly recommended for planning and execution”

Costa Rican Trails - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Costa Rican Trails proudly presents a collection of unique travel experiences in each and every tour. Every multiday package, hotel, tour, and transportation service has been carefully designed and selected to meet our high standards of quality and travel value.
Reviewed April 21, 2012

With guidance and execution from Lorena @ Costa Rican Trails, my friend (who came from Israel) and I (from Canada) planned an excellent 18 day trip combining Costa Rica and Nicaragua. The shuttles that provided the transportation were impressively prompt and efficient. The hotels, with 1 1/2 exceptions were great. Most of the hotels were attractively situated amidst beautiful grounds, had coffee making facilities in the room (important to us), swimming (vital to me), pleasant decor, and good dining facilities. Mimos Hotel in San Antonio was missing some of those components and Cala Lodge in Monteverde was missing all of those to the extent that we couldn't figure out why she would have chosen that dump at all. We immediately, on our own, found much nicer accommodation (Poco a Poco) nearby and were assured that we will be reimbursed the cost of the Cala. Tours and activities were all great with one exception (plan to have us hike 7+ hours up a Nicaraguan volcano in 35+ deg. Our guide though , last minute, provided us with excellent alternative activities for the day.

Thank G.BassLondonCanada
There are newer reviews for Costa Rican Trails - Day Tours

Reviewed April 18, 2012

A tranquil, beutifull setting, with very intimate service and wonderfull accomodations. Our coordination of the trip with CostaRican Trails was perfect, and we had an amazing time in Cocles which was right across the bungalows. Looking forward to go back again. Thank you!

Reviewed April 10, 2012

I don't often write reviews, but after just getting back from my Costa Rican vacation that I utilized Costa Rican Trails for, I felt the need. I was skeptical to use a site, but since the reviews were so favorable from tripadvisors, we decided to give them a shot and we're glad we did.

The trip was absolutely amazing. We gave them our dates and what we wanted to do, and Ana, the very helpful rep, sent us an itinerary that we were able to tweak. I am so glad I didn't try to book this on my own. Costa Rica is a great place to travel for a combination of relaxation and activities. We whitewater rafted, kayaked, canyoneered, watefall repelled, did a volcano and hot springs tour. All went over without a hitch, including transportation and food.

3  Thank Mike S
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Now that our Costa Rican Trails ivacation s over I can honestly say that they are the BEST!!!
Right from the beginning Ana Laura took the time to customize the perfect vacation for our family. Every thing they promised, they delivered in spades....Every transfer was on time and the drivers were so friendly, every hotel was great and so unique, every tour we took was so interesting and fun.
Tortuguero and the Laguna Lodge was breath taking
The Arenal volcano and the Arenal Paraios hotel were fantastic
Monteverde and the Trapp Family Lodge were great
And to end it at the beach at the Flamingo Beach Resort was the perfect conclusion
We were so impressed....!!!!!!!!!!!

2  Thank aaron7_c
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Both means my girlfriend were first time travelers to costa rica, and need help to plan an adventure trip. Found costarican trails on tripadvisor and booked the adventure tour of costa rica. Package allows you to get a taste of all adventures that costa rica has to offer, and the best part is that after a hard physical day you get to stay a wonderful hotels. Best adventure trip ever. Not for the faint of heart, but if you want an adrealin rush this is the trip for you.

1  Thank Daveng22