“EXCELLENT LAMB”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Our waiter was Tom who is also the owner... He was helpful and quite cordial. But at the prices they charge, it is definitely expected. The food was perfectly prepared. The lamb portion at about $35 was large and flavorful. The Lebanese sampler that we had was good, but small for the price. The wine at $50 per bottle needed to be and was excellent.. Overall a very pleasant meal for something special but quite expensive for a regular event. We arrived about 8:00PM without reservations and were seated immediately.. Only two tables of two for the whole Saturday evening...

1  Thank islandjerr

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I have been at least a dozen times and almost every time I go I get the baked lamb. It is amazing! I also always get the hummus and falafel (which in my opinion, are also the best in CR). The portion on the lamb is big, so don't over order. The owner Tony is very nice and accommodating.

1  Thank VanCosta
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stumbled up Ristorante Beirut by accident, which was one of the best accidents in my life. I was in San Jose and looked for restuarants on Trip Advisor and asked the taxi to take me to a place called Garden View. However, we couldn’t find it so I got out anyway anxious to find a wifi spot to make sure my wife made her late connection to San Jose in Houston. I saw the sign and when I walked in Tony welcomed me by saying he not only had great wifi but has been marinating his lamb for 5 hours. I sat down and was served a dish of baba ganoush, humus and other stuff, got on Skype talked to wife and then after some time he served me up the best lamb of my life! I couldn’t believe I was in Costa Rica! My wife asked me for leftovers, but Tony prepared a lamb meal for me give her when she arrived later that evening. Ristorante Beirut is a must if are in San Jose

1  Thank Stonesteps
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We did enjoy the food but the visit turned sour when the receipt came.

We ordered a few things and among them were two barbecued kebis.
When the bill came I made sure we were charged for the right things and saw 2 charges for 6800 colones=almost $14!!!
It es 14 dollars per kebi!!! Total 28!!!
I asked the owner and he said that is the price. A kebi is minced meat in a 2 inch diameter ball.

I was amazed!!!

Is would just say to be very careful since the owner is more interested in sliding in these charges vs. creating a good clientele.

1  Thank Gabstercrbol
Reviewed May 6, 2013

A really great place to go when you've grown tired of pollo (chicken) and pescado(fish) casados. Tiny restaurant run by the owner who claims to raise his own sheep. Can't verify this but his lamb is very good anyway, if a bit pricey.

2  Thank rickeroo