“Be perpared to feel taken advantage of.”
Review of Restaurant Beirut

Restaurant Beirut
Ranked #559 of 707 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 12, 2011

My husband and I dined at the Beirut on a recent evening.
We were the only guests in the restaurant that evening so I 'm not sure how that plays in. I am having extreme dental work done and so I can not eat at all. I did order a cocktail, The owner brought us
small platter with 3 small bowls inside. Each bowl contained a very small amount of Baba Ganoush (sp), some Hummus, and goat cheese. This were very small and I assumed on the house since we did not order them. He brought hy huband the lamb on a plate with rice and salad. So the portions again very rather slim THIS CAME TO OVER $80.00 What a shock when we got the bill.It was at best a $20.00 dinner. I feel completly fleeced by this man and his busy.. I will however make sure that all the Dental patients hear about this. I already have notifed them this and to be most careful..

3  Thank Pamela L

Reviewed November 5, 2011

I am going to tell u the true. The owner is a thief. Food is not that good, he has a trick on some small appettizers that he puts on ur table without asking.. He invites you to eat then.. So u think it is a cortesy.. IT IS NOT ...so never accept ANY recomendation.. Look at the menu IF Not you will end paying 300 dolars for a simple lunch. Costa rica has a very good restaurant, it is not worthed it to visit this place

3  Thank Mavacast
Reviewed August 19, 2011

He was very charming and friendly and offered to prepare a "sampler plate" so I could try a few things. The plate arrived with a bit of hummus, babaganush, some cheese (although I said no dairy), one black piece of falafel, two small cabbage rolls; and some extremely dry meat pie. It really was nothing more than an appetizer, and he charged over $20.00 for this. This price was higher than anything shown on the menu, and when I commented, he told me that he made it special for me and that it does not appear on the menu. He also charged $3.50 for a small bottle of water, and $4.50 for a tiny piece of baklava. I paid $31.00 for this mess, and was so angry when I left!

6  Thank YogArtist
Reviewed August 17, 2011

This place is authentic. It's a bit dark and unkempt, but the food is excellent. Owner/chef is from Lebanon. He raises his own lambs on an organic farm. Great lamb shank. Prices similar to USA.

1  Thank Tiger1949
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I have eaten here 4-5 times over the last 3 years. Each expereince slightly worse than the last. My most recent visit the potatoes were reheated and cold, the owner a little more pushy and the servings a little smaller.

I so wanted this recent meal to convince me that it is back to being what it once was.

2  Thank koolkookaburra