Costa Rica Guesthouse
$128
$160
$155
$85
Barcelo San Jose(San Jose)
Bookit.com
Official Hotel
$62
$59
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsguest houseprivate bathroomfree coffee and teacosta ricafruit plattercommon spaceshared bathnational museumbars and restaurantslocation is greatbasic roomwalking distancetwo nightsrooms are greatan overnight stayclean roomsgreat place to stay
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely hostel run by a very friendly and most helpful manager, Juan. The rooms are clean and spacious, the free breakfast is a delight, and most of all Juan will be able to help you out with everything u need.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Obeer
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Very tricky to find esp. in the night when you driving. We had the GPS navigating us but lots of the streets were due to roadworks so we were going round and round for 1hr and finally decided to take a taxi to show us the way ($5). We requested a twin room with a private bathroom but had been assigned to a 4-person dorm just for ourselves.

Beds were comfortable and the place was clean, pleasant staff, breakfast consisted of 2 toasts + jam + coffee/tea (inc in the price $40 for 2adults for 1 nt).

On the minus side was that our dorm was facing the main street, therfore it was very, very noisy in the morning, so if you need sleep request a room facing the other side. They have a private, secure car park too.

Overall and OK place but next time we would stay somewhere closer to the airport if looking to stay just 1 night.

Room Tip: Ask for the room facing gardens, the rooms facing the street are very noisy
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank evcia999
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed at the wrong place in San Jose when I had first arivved and when I returned to San Jose before I left I stayed here. This was a very nice and peacful place to stay for me and when I return to CR this year I will stay here. The private room was very large and a GREAT BED AND PRIVATE BALCONY. I recommend this hostel man. I think that the staff are very nice and very helpful and they really want you to enjoy your stay. The areas are large and very quiet and I wished that I had known about it all before really.
Pura Vida

Room Tip: any room is great here and you are close to a lot of things
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Paul H
Reviewed December 21, 2012

My husband and I have stayed here on a few occasions while visiting San Jose and we absolutely LOVE IT! Their beds are the most comfortable we have slept in while on vacation. The entire guesthouse is very clean, beautiful and quiet. The staff are super helpful and Juan at the front desk is so nice, he will try to assist you with anything. Such good value for what you pay, you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor are quieter, less noise from traffic.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dara C
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Beautiful place Zen, resting and respectful…Patio reading my book...free café...Just...where is Nespresso ? ;-) ...The staff is discrete, and very obliging...My room was large, a bed of 2m with a good mattress, a clean and modern bathroom… Beautiful old parquet floor. Decoration is a little minimalist, but the whole is resting, without overload… the prices are with the image of this hotel without excessive ornaments, very correct and of a comforting discretion… the place is open and staff is of a Olympian calm

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business