All reviews visited this hotel costa rica recommend this hotel front desk agent pool area air conditioning common areas la sabana park hot shower stayed here for nights clean rooms would stay here again within walking distance central america small hotel included breakfast convenient location
Reviewed February 14, 2018 via mobile

The hotel overall appearance is nice. The pool is beautiful as well as lobby and restaurant area. The front desk agent, Mr. Bryan was very professional and helpful. Our server/bartender Mr.Florin, was excellent very customer service driven. The rooms are spacious. I have two issues with this hotel. The first one, is I can't understand how the rooms and the hotel lobby and surrounding areas are absolutely spotless but When I entered the bathroom in room 324 it appeared to be outdated and not sanitized properly. The shower walls had very visible signs of mold and black stains everywhere, we showered with sandals on. The second thing was upon checking out Mrs. Irene instructed me to return to the room bc apparently we had taken a bathroom towel and left one of ours instead. They had 3 towels from the hotel and an extra towel that didn't look like the rest. How can that be our fault and why would anyone take a towel. We took offense to this and even offered to open suitcases because we felt the room attendant was acussing us of stealing. I told them and I'll leave it here, instead of focusing on towel they should focus on cleaning the showers properly. Other than that inconvenience the hotel was wonderful, food was delicious. Too bad the Last hour messed everything up. I will still recommend this hotel, I would visit in another city.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 17, 2018 via mobile

Clean rooms.hot shower.centrally located next to everything...u r practically few minutes from anywhere of significance in San jose metropolitan.
Excellent food at the restaurante...best chicken sandwich I have ever had...well...with everything inside but the chicken ..i am vegeterian..

Recommended for price location food and service.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank davidaL7463DR
Reviewed January 16, 2018

This very modern hotel , in a very safe neighborhood and near a park with jogging track, was perfect for me who was recovering from minor surgery . Staff was unfailingly helpful , and their "Bistro bites" (especially the mini-hamburgers were delicious. Only minor drawback : ground floor room was a little dark.(But great for me!)

Date of stay: December 2017
Reviewed January 1, 2018

this may be a good standard for san jose but there are a lot of wrongs.
it is very noisy, people around the pool until late and in the morning the restaurant smelled vomit. i could not have breakfast there, which was not looking good either.
the room however was spacious and clean with big confortable bed
the staff at the reception was friendly

Room tip: if you want a quiet room - stay far from the pool
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 30, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights on the start of our CR holidays and everything was good. Hotel is located in a rural area with a ATM & small supermarket around the corner (very convenient). To walk to SJO city centre it’s 30-40 min and the ride by taxi 10 min(cost 3000 collones). It is a quiet place and we enjoyed being here after busy city visits. It has a very nice pool area with the bar/Bistro next to it - breakfast is served there, too. We liked the breakfast with fruits, the typical CR rice with beans, scrambled eggs and some bread, cakes, jams, cheese, Joghurt - everything was there to start your day. You can have dinner at the bistro which has fantastic salads ( recommended ) and some pizza, sandwich, potato dishes which are ok. We only had good experience with the staff - they all understand english. Very helpful was the lady at the reception with Tipps, maps etc. The room was spacious with 2 queen beds, clean, the bathroom ok ( of course some moldy corners in the shower) but honestly this is not a brand new 5 star hotel in Europe but a good hotel in Central America. We would stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2017