KC Hotel San Jose
Hotel Grano de Oro San Jose(San Jose)
$160
$94
$90
$85
Balmoral Hotel(San Jose)
$87
$77
Barcelo San Jose(San Jose)
$87
Park Inn
$139
$75
Orbitz.com
All reviewsdogs barkingcosta ricafront desk agentrecommend this hotelother hotels in the areanice poolcommon areasrestaurant staffpool area isstayed here for nightshot showerwalking distancewould stay here againsuperior roomclean roomscentral americaconvenient location
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I spent a few nights here recently, and I had stayed at the hotel before. It is quite clean, and nearby to San Jose. It would be a short taxi ride or an ambitious walk to downtown San Jose. The hotel is priced moderately, compared to comparable lodging in the area. There is a free breakfast and the wireless internet is good. The rooms are clean and comfortable, though I can only speak for the rooms in the front section of the hotel closest to the street. I understand the rooms to the back were part of the original hotel, and are older.

In general, I would recommend the hotel, and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front section, nearest the street. The rooms are far enough away from the street that noise will not be an issue.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Irene E, Manager at KC Hotel San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Thanks for your comments

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Huge beds and good breakfasts. Walking distance to large park, doc Brown's soda and grocery store. We arrived at airport, went here to start our Green Creation tour. It was fine for the night. People are nice, opened restaurant so we could get ice. We just walked around area and went to park and museum there.

Room Tip: choose room on other side of vet , barking dogs at night.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your comments, we are working to improve our rooms.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I liked staying at this hotel it was one of the bet on my trip and the rooms were nice. I really liked the rooms and the layout of the hotel. It had a pool and is right next to a great smoothie place called Gustos. I thought the food was advarage but still was not bad. However I thought the receptionist could have been a little better. When ever I asked for something he would give me a look and drag his feet somtimes he was talking on the phone when I was standing there too. But that is not all of the receptionist because some I were very fond of to be quite honest.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thanks for your comments

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Do you enjoy the smell of carpet glue? Does a circular saw lull you to sleep? Wish you could step over workmen on your way into your room? Yeah, me neither.

I was with a tour group and the Hotel KC was our last stop. Yes, it was elegant-y -- maybe more 'spa-like' in its look so it was a significant improvement over all of our other hotels, but it wasn't as nice as I had hoped. Its neutral appearance was deceiving.

Through no fault of its own, the hotel is situated near the train, so be prepared for endless train horn blaring starting at 5 a.m. If you can't sleep through the train noise (which happens during the afternoon siesta time as well), you can probably ask for an interior room. The rooms are on the left of the building and the right -- be sure to ask for any room on the right. Our room faced an apartment complex and a veterinarian's office. Think crying baby and nonstop dog barking. And we didn't have air-conditioning to mask any of the noises outside; we simply had a fan.

Yeah, I couldn't wait to get home so that I could sleep.

Also, the staff were unfriendly and the meals they gave us were weird. Our final meal on our Costa Rican trip consisted of french fries with Thousand Island dressing on them and rice. We also had two juices which were really tasty. I had blown off a decent meal down the street expecting a great meal at the hotel. Very disappointed with our last meal -- would have been better if the whole thing had been our endless rice 'n beans/beans 'n rice combo.

KC Hotel got the three stars from the decor, the shower pressure, the security guard behind a closed gate, and the fact that the Internet connection was the best of all the hotels we stayed at when it was working. Not sure if the shower pressure was because the hot water heater was right outside our window, but someone with plumbing experience will know the answer to that!

Room Tip: Rooms on the right are quieter away from the train, crying babies, and overnight guests at the vet's office.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
maria p, Public Relations Manager at KC Hotel San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback. I deeply regret the inconveniences you suffer. I am happy to report that the remodeling is done. As per the problem with the dog clinic, we were not aware that the noise was affecting certain rooms; we will talk with them immediately to see what can we do.

Finally as per the staff, thank you for letting us know. We will take your opinion in consideration.
The management

Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hotel is very clean, has air-conditioning, a nice restaurant and isn't too far (a block or so) away from 2 markets. They service was very great. They have wifi available and also 2 computers for visitors to use.

Room Tip: All the rooms that our group had were great!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family