“Good view, don't go early.”
Review of Mirador Tiquicia

Mirador Tiquicia
Ranked #47 of 166 Restaurants in Escazu
Cuisines: Latin, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Denver, Colorado
“Good view, don't go early.”
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Tiquisia is in a hole at the top of a mountain. That description would sound great if the sun was out. At 7p on a wet overcast night, we felt like we were in an Indiana Jones movie.

We missed the dancers and everything else everyone mentioned, but the food was pretty good. Rice and beans plus plantains seems to be the staple here , but the beef and chicken was good too.

Service was slow, but not rude. I wish we could have passed the time better enjoying the scenery and/or the dancers. Oh well.

• Visited August 2011

Miami, FL
“Typical dances and great view, but beware of the food!”
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Yes, the view is great once you arrive. It is at the top of a mountain and far from anywhere. I tried some local dishes and watched the typical dances. But later on that night, Montezuma's revenge struck....I was OK the next morning, but stopped by a drugstore for something, just in case. I travel a lot and have never gotten sick until now.

• Visited August 2011
Denver, Colorado
“Tiquisia is worth visiting but food was just ''Ok''”
Reviewed September 5, 2010

While staying in Escazu for 3 weeks we got a recommendation to visit Tiquisia at least once. The restaurant is located on a hill overlooking the city and offers entertainment with a traditional Costa Rican meal.

This place was a lot of fun overall. The nighttime view over the city was very beautiful and we enjoyed the highly talented dancers that appeared after dinner. The food and service was mediocre though, and it was not very clean.

The men's restroom needed a good thorough scrubbing, and the covered patio where the meal was served had a lot of cobwebs in the ceiling. I could only imagine what kind of spiders were waiting to drop down onto my rice and beans.

The drive up the hill to Tiquisia was short but not pleasant. It's very steep and we saw a lof of stray dogs. A grassy area near the overlook was also very muddy - I wish they had warned us since I ruined my shoes walking over there. While we all had a good time at this restaurant, this was the kind of place I would only visit once.

1 Thank Liketojourney
Atlanta, Georgia
“Go for the view, enjoy the food”
Reviewed March 6, 2010

You go to Tiquisia for the view, not the food. The place was jammed the night we were there. Service was pretty good as long as you didn't want explanations. (Four of the five of us speak Spanish so language wasn't the problem.) But the food was pretty good and Costa Rica folk dancers worked hard at entertaining the crowd

I had a palm nut soup (crema de pejebaye) which was .ok but not hot enough, and lomito a la criolla which was grilled tenderloin with fried yuca and frijoles. I asked for medium rare, the meat came well done.

But the view was great and conversation fun. After all, you go to Tiquicia for the view, not the food.

Atlanta, GA
“Great food and value, spectacular view”
Reviewed January 3, 2010

Wonderful! Very casual, great food, very decent prices, and a spectacular view of the city lights. Go on a night they will be having live music and to watch the sunset, stay late for the music and the expansive gorgeous view of city lights after dark. Really special. But take a taxi, one to find it and secondly so you don't have to deal with driving in the dark down a very steep hill. But make sure you don't miss the experience of Tiquisia.