See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 22, 2012

This sweet little boutique hotel is a gem. Just 5 rooms and a larger house that sleeps 11. The rooms are clean and well appointed. And the view from the balcony is wonderful. I had breakfast out there every morning and sat out there for a bit each evening. Watching the weather sweep across the valley and the lights of San Jose each night.
Miranda and Matteo who own and run the in we're as helpfully as can be. They knew the places to eat, the places to see, how to get there and tips that saved me time at the airport coming home. They made arrangements for whatever I needed and their suggestions were all excellent. They even gave me a free 3 day pass at the World Gym down the street.
I highly recommend this inn. Get in touch while you are planning your trip. They will be a great help. I will satay here again next time I go to San Jose.

Room Tip: Rooms 4 and 5 are on the second floor balcony. They have the best view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 25, 2012

An accurate review is something I appreciate - positive or negative. This one is positive, and I'm glad to give it. Matteo was very helpful beginning to end and the place is very nice. My spanish is modest, but his english is perfect. The 'hotel' is architecturally pleasing, w/ lots of details done right - the lines of the rooms, the colors, bedding, and an ample bathroom... Good feng shui inside and out. The breezes, mild temps, and the view were appreciated as well. The location, though on a road, feels quiet and peaceful, plus high up: Sunset and sunrise were nice. I've stayed 4 other places in the San Jose area, and this is my fave. It's proximate to stylish parts of town, and we passed plenty of worthy looking eateries on the way to our chosen restaurant that night. We decided not to head out after dinner, but we had all the info we needed if we'd decided to, w/ a variety of options to suit different moods, and the details you need to know to be safe and have the experience you want. Local knowledge in abundance. Support these guys and have yourself a sweet time.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We picked out of bounds for our last in CR because of its proximity to the airport (about 15 minute drive) but we were pleasantly surprised by the amenities when we arrived. Matteo was very hospitable and even helped us order take out (my spanish isn't up to par). The beds were large and the linens were clean, the rooms give you the feeling of being at home. There was a beautiful view of the city backdropped with volcanoes. This was definitely one of our favorite places to stay in CR. Satellite tv and wifi also kept us entertained for our stay. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2012

What a beautiful little place this is up on the mountainside with amazing views of San Jose and the volcanos. The building is but several years old, and looks almost brand new. Everything is immaculate with great house keepers. Meranda and Mateo are the consumate hosts. Both so friendly and helpful. reakfast was very good, fresh and tasty. Ricardo is also a great asset to this B&B. We stayed with Meranda and Mateo several different times during our 2 month stay in CR. As we traveled from one side of CR to another, we always "based" at the Out of Bounds. Meranda got online with us several times to locate accomodations in the different places we wanted to visit. As this was an extended trip of 2 months, we wanted to keep our costs down with lesser known, more remote places. She was terrific, patient and extremely helpful. We are going back to CR in January and will definitely use the Out of Bounds again. What a treat!
Thanks Meranda, Mateo and Ricardo.
Reg & Dale

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We stayed one night at the hotel before an early morning flight out of SJO. It's only 20 minutes from the airport, and they had a driver pick us up at 4:45 a.m. to take us. They even let us store some bags there until we got back to San Jose, and when we did get back, they let us pay a reduced fee to rest for a few hours before our flight back to the states.

The room was great — modern, clean and super comfortable. And the views of the city from outside the room and the outdoor patio area are amazing. Great place to have a glass of wine on our last night in Costa Rica.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends