See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Booking on the internet was easy, our pre-arranged transportation was there on time, friendly and a nice start to visiting Costa Rica. The hotel is very clean, has a great view and the breakfast was very good. The owners, a local and a Canadian gal, went out of their way to make sure we were satisfied,. Even though there were some mix ups with transportation to our dentist they made sure we were taken care of. Little things like this plus FREE phone calls back home make this an excellent choice in Escazu, San Jose.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have more open view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Out-of-Bound in May and then again in November. It is a really wonderful place to stay, it has a great location with breathtaking view from the balconies and well appointed rooms. The hosts are perfect, very helpful in every way, and would gladly go the extra miles to make our stay the best. I still miss the lovely breakfasts served at the table on the balcony every morning. I do recommend Out-of-Bounds as the perfect home away from home!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2011

We only got to stay 1 night during our trip, but everything was perfect! Wish we had time for breakfast! Gorgeous location in the city, great restaurants near, too :). Thank you!!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Our stay at Out of Bounds was fantastic! We had a large group so we stayed in the vacation rental home adjacent to the rest of the hotel. The house was amazing! Super cute with tons of space and really neat features. At the end of a long day it was a really nice homey feel to come back to. We saw some of the other rooms as well, and each seemed to have its own unique feel. The views of the city are spectacular as well!
The owners are amazing and they did everything they could to make sure we were set for everything from rides, to breakfast, to tours and more. We even came back unannounced at the end of the trip and they made room to accommodate us. I would definitely recommend staying at Out of Bounds to anyone staying in the San Jose area!

Room Tip: If you have a large party, the house is the way to go. A great value in Sept! If you're a couple, get the top floor for amazing city views!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank LindseyLongBeach
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I had stayed here back in 2009 and when I was asked to bring my dance company to perform in CR I knew this is where I wanted to have my dancers stay. The vacation rental house in the back was perfect for my company of 11. They all had enough space to spread out, do laundry, cook and hang out. I myself stayed in the hotel itself. The room is comfortable and room #4 has my favorite view.
Merenda and Matteo go above and beyond to make sure all of your needs are met, and the guides they set up for us were amazing and quickly became like family.
I will not hesitate to tell everyone coming to Costa Rica to stay at Out Of Bounds.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business