See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 9, 2011

We only got to stay 1 night during our trip, but everything was perfect! Wish we had time for breakfast! Gorgeous location in the city, great restaurants near, too :). Thank you!!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Our stay at Out of Bounds was fantastic! We had a large group so we stayed in the vacation rental home adjacent to the rest of the hotel. The house was amazing! Super cute with tons of space and really neat features. At the end of a long day it was a really nice homey feel to come back to. We saw some of the other rooms as well, and each seemed to have its own unique feel. The views of the city are spectacular as well!
The owners are amazing and they did everything they could to make sure we were set for everything from rides, to breakfast, to tours and more. We even came back unannounced at the end of the trip and they made room to accommodate us. I would definitely recommend staying at Out of Bounds to anyone staying in the San Jose area!

Room Tip: If you have a large party, the house is the way to go. A great value in Sept! If you're a couple, get the top floor for amazing city views!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank LindseyLongBeach
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I had stayed here back in 2009 and when I was asked to bring my dance company to perform in CR I knew this is where I wanted to have my dancers stay. The vacation rental house in the back was perfect for my company of 11. They all had enough space to spread out, do laundry, cook and hang out. I myself stayed in the hotel itself. The room is comfortable and room #4 has my favorite view.
Merenda and Matteo go above and beyond to make sure all of your needs are met, and the guides they set up for us were amazing and quickly became like family.
I will not hesitate to tell everyone coming to Costa Rica to stay at Out Of Bounds.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank JoelleMartinec
Reviewed September 5, 2011

I came down to Costa Rica with a large dance company of 11 people. We stayed in the newly acquired house, which is right behind the hotel. I was astonished at the size and beauty of it! In addition to the 4 bedrooms, there are 2 living rooms, a dining room, and a large kitchen with appliances. We had so much extra space to run around in! Plus, there´s a fun tiled jacuzzi tub in the bathroom.

Our director stayed in the hotel rooms, and they were so clean and comfortable as well.

The owner of the hotel went above and beyond in kindess and helpfulness. She provided us with maps and info to get the most out of our trip. The tour company affiliated with their hotel was exceptional. Our experience was so memorable, because our driver had such a passion for his job and country. We went zip lining through the rainforest, saw the La Paz waterfalls, and took the Doka coffee tour, which was all exciting and inexpensive. I hope to definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Great room and the owners and staff were great. They can also plan tours for you. All the reviews are true.

David