See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 22, 2011

All the wonderful things said on other reviews are spot on. Miranda, Matteo and Ricardo are awesome people to work with! The rooms are clean and very, very comfortable. The hotel is very secure. The view is to die for. The breakfast is yummy!
Yes, this is a perfect place for tourist to stay!
But it's also a perfect place for locals to stay! My friend and I live in Nosara and go into San Jose every couple months, if not every month for shopping. (Things are cheaper and more selection in the City than in Nosara or even Nicoya.)
Besides having the huge Mall nearby, and a fabulous VIP movie theatre, this B&B is also extremely close to Cima Hospital for our ladies annual checkup, and close to EPA, (Costa Rica version of Home Depot) Office Depot, Wal-Mart and PriceSmart! Everything we would need all within 5-10 minutes of this hotel.
And the price for this hotel is excellent for Escazu! Did you know they have a 'frequent guest' program? The more you stay here, the less you pay! Excellent marketing for them to get the locals to come back. It sure works for us! We stayed here twice in two weeks and will be back again next month! Thanks, Miranda, Matteo and Ricardo!

Room Tip: There is not a 'bad' room here!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Allylam
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I stayed here in June 2011 for 6 days as a solo female traveler for dental work. I picked it based on the good reviews and was so glad I did! The owners and staff are very friendly, helpful and accommodating. The rooms are very lovely, the bathrooms are so cool, and the beds are heavenly!!

I highly recommend having them arrange airport pick up for you, it is great. The owners are very helpful with any questions you might have or arranging taxis or trips. The hotel's guard is the nicest man ever and the ladies who clean the rooms do a great job, I felt like I was at a plush spa.

All in all this is a wonderful hotel and I really enjoyed my time here! I would recommend to anyone, and if you are interested in a larger space, the house they rent is spacious and private!

Between the lovely rooms, the excellent wireless, the free calls home, and the always helpful service, I really felt relaxed and happy here! I will be staying here again!!

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed June 21, 2011

What more could you ask for. This is a primo spot, in a safe and beautiful locale, with gorgeous, well appointed guest rooms, and tasteful decor. One of my favorite things to look forward to, in staying here, is the delicious breakfasts, which are laid out in the morning on the patio terrace overlooking the whole Central Valley. Meranda and Matteo are the ideal hosts. They are quick to anticipate your every need, and if you aren't familiar with other points of interest in Costa Rica, they have a huge familiarity with the area and can book you on awesome tours and various explorations, depending upon what you're looking to find. Rest assured, you're in great hands here. I look forward, very much, to my next return!

Room Tip: Balcony Rooms offer the best views to wake up to!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Meigan
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Meranda and Metteo(owner's) go above and beyond to ensure your stay is absolutely perfect! They helped us so much with organizing our groups experience and Out of Bounds became our meeting and end point during our stay in Costa Rica. All the rooms were spotless, well-maintained with a gorgeous view of the city and the breakfast in the morning was amazing!! I highly recommend Out of Bounds, whether you are on your way to another spot in Costa Rica or in San Jose for a little while~I felt comfortable and well-taken care of!!

Room Tip: The house is great ~ if you are a large group!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank AndreaRobertson
Reviewed May 14, 2011

I came to Costa Rica for dental work,& the dentist recommended Out of Bounds since its walking distance.I first stayed in the rental apartment,then a few days in the hotel(B&B).Both are great.I was in alot of pain from all the surgery,but Miranda and Matteo put up with my complaining.All I could eat was smoothies,sometimes not even that,because my teeth hurt.They gave me ice packs,free calls home,wifi,and anything else I needed.Matteo even hooked up a dvd player so I could watch movies.I spent alot of time in the room,but its so comfortable I didnt mind.Jack and Jill(the dogs) are so cute,and they always made me laugh.Ricardo is the best,always asking how I felt,and would walk me up the hill(after I fell on the road that day).And of course Melissa(their daughter),she loves to chat with the guests.I highly recommend Out of Bounds, I just hope when I return I am in better spirits to enjoy this lovely place and its people

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank lmmBocaRaton
Management response:Responded May 16, 2011

Thanks for you kind words, it was our pleasure to have you stay with us. We will see you soon.