See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 21, 2011

What more could you ask for. This is a primo spot, in a safe and beautiful locale, with gorgeous, well appointed guest rooms, and tasteful decor. One of my favorite things to look forward to, in staying here, is the delicious breakfasts, which are laid out in the morning on the patio terrace overlooking the whole Central Valley. Meranda and Matteo are the ideal hosts. They are quick to anticipate your every need, and if you aren't familiar with other points of interest in Costa Rica, they have a huge familiarity with the area and can book you on awesome tours and various explorations, depending upon what you're looking to find. Rest assured, you're in great hands here. I look forward, very much, to my next return!

Room Tip: Balcony Rooms offer the best views to wake up to!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Meigan
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Meranda and Metteo(owner's) go above and beyond to ensure your stay is absolutely perfect! They helped us so much with organizing our groups experience and Out of Bounds became our meeting and end point during our stay in Costa Rica. All the rooms were spotless, well-maintained with a gorgeous view of the city and the breakfast in the morning was amazing!! I highly recommend Out of Bounds, whether you are on your way to another spot in Costa Rica or in San Jose for a little while~I felt comfortable and well-taken care of!!

Room Tip: The house is great ~ if you are a large group!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank AndreaRobertson
Reviewed May 14, 2011

I came to Costa Rica for dental work,& the dentist recommended Out of Bounds since its walking distance.I first stayed in the rental apartment,then a few days in the hotel(B&B).Both are great.I was in alot of pain from all the surgery,but Miranda and Matteo put up with my complaining.All I could eat was smoothies,sometimes not even that,because my teeth hurt.They gave me ice packs,free calls home,wifi,and anything else I needed.Matteo even hooked up a dvd player so I could watch movies.I spent alot of time in the room,but its so comfortable I didnt mind.Jack and Jill(the dogs) are so cute,and they always made me laugh.Ricardo is the best,always asking how I felt,and would walk me up the hill(after I fell on the road that day).And of course Melissa(their daughter),she loves to chat with the guests.I highly recommend Out of Bounds, I just hope when I return I am in better spirits to enjoy this lovely place and its people

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank lmmBocaRaton
Management response:Responded May 16, 2011

Thanks for you kind words, it was our pleasure to have you stay with us. We will see you soon.

Reviewed April 19, 2011

Loved this hotel. Set in the hills with a great view and lovely porch's to relax on. I particularly enjoyed watching the sunsets from the porch. Our room had a great little kitchenette, super comfortable beds and a beautiful bathroom with lots of hot water. It was quiet, clean and secure with very friendly staff. I was able to get helpful advice about bus routes and places to visit and even made free calls home to Canada. There are banks and grocery stores and restaurants within walking distance and downtown is only a 15 dollar cab ride away.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2011

Matteo and Meranda were absolutely amazing hosts while my girlfriend and I were there for 5 days. It was great to have English speaking hosts while also having others there that spoke only Spanish to be able to try my extremely broken Spanish. Thanks Ricardo! The rooms were comfortable and the atmosphere of the hotel was very inviting while at the same time being very safe.

They serve breakfast in the morning that is delicious. Free WiFi. Excursions directly from the hotel. Short cab ride from the downtown area and plenty of restaurants within walking distance to get food and some drinks.

If I am ever back in San Jose I don't think that I could see myself staying anywhere else other than here. Thanks for the great stay! Pura Vida!!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple