$123
$80
Posada El Quijote(Escazu)(Great Value!)
$75
Out of Bounds Hotel(Escazu)(Great Value!)
$58
$47
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $53/night.

$52
Fauna Luxury Hostel(Escazu)(Great Value!)
$38
  • Pool
Costa Verde Inn(Escazu)(Great Value!)
$49
Apartotel Don Francisco(Escazu)(Great Value!)
Hostel Monte Campana Escazu(Escazu)(Great Value!)
All reviewsrooftop barsan josecasino attachedtop floorcosta ricaivory barnice casinohotel guestsrooms are modernmultiplaza mallfree shuttletaxi servicesteam roomlobby areafitness centercomfortable hotelmulti plaza
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I stayed here on a last-minute trip in October 2013 and really enjoyed the hotel. It is located in the suburbs in Escazu and we found the best way to get round without a rental car was taxi service booked via the hotel, as other cabs (such as the one we took from the airport) tended to significantly inflate the fare. The hotel itself was new and very modern in decor with a full-service restaurant, roof-top pool and small gift shop. Our room was spotless and featured all modern conveniences to include wifi and cable. On checking in, we did have some difficulty with air-conditioning as this is very much an "eco-friendly" property and the a/c was not set high enough for us. After a call to the front desk, a n engineer quickly came to our room to fix this and we had no difficulties during our stay. Furniture was comfortable , bath amenities standard Sheraton, water pressure was excellent and no difficulty with hot water. Our room included a spacious shower but no bathtub, which I earned from the front desk are located in the suites only. We ate at the hotel several times and I was very impressed with quality of the food, which far exceeded my expectations and was as good as many 5 star properties in my opinion. Staff were friendly and several of the staff members spoke excellent English. We found Alma, Juan Pablo and the lovely lady who ran the gift shop to be particularly helpful. (I am sorry I cannot recall her name but her English was perfect).
What could use improvement is the location of the ATM - we had to walk into the Casino to access it, and it was rather noisy and crowded. This was really the only inconvenience. A neat program the hotel sponsors is bonus Starpoints for only reusing rather than changing linens and we earned 500 bonus points this way. Since we stayed on points, this effectively brought down our rate, which was a steal at 8000 points per night given the quality of the property. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dario G, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear Medidate

Thanks for your kind comment regarding your last stay with us and taking your time to write this review. We really appreciate your comments as is our way to improve our service and to guarantee our guest a memorable stay.
It’s an honor to know our staff made a great effort to make your stay a comfortable one. One of our biggest determinations as a company is that our staff enjoy their work and reflect this to our guest. I will congratulate Juan Pablo and Alma for their excellent service. I have taken your suggestions regarding the ATM location to considerate a movement. Again my sincere thanks for your comment.

We hope to have you again as our guest in the future.

Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

This was a very nice find. Everything was immaculate, the food was amazingly good and the service was fantastic. Attached is a new casino where everyone was gracious and helpful. But I have to admit the dinner in Sheraton's own restaurant on the first floor was a wonderful surprise. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Anne O
Dario G, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear Mrs. Anne O

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your visit to our hotel. It’s a pleasure to know you enjoy our restaurant service and food, as well of our Casino facilities. It’s an honor to know our staff was helpful and friendly, this really reflect the compromise our staff has with our guest. it will be a pleasure for us to have you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Stayed just one night at this new hotel. I was very impressed by the design, modern décor of the hotel and the rooms.
The room was spacious and bed very comfortable. The A/C worked great and was quiet. The shower was the best ever in a hotel and is worth staying just to try it out - the shower head comes out of the ceiling with a great rain effect and the water drains over the edge.
Loved the bar and swimming pool on the top floor. next time I am in the area I will definitely stay at this hotel for a few nights to get a better feel. I hope they are able to keep it as nice as it is now,

Room Tip: Get a room as high as you can
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank UKNickUS
Dario G, General Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear UKNickUS

I am really thankful for your kind comments of our hotel. It’s great to know you enjoy your stay with us and mostly our quiet rooms and shower. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and I hope to see you soon back in our hotel.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

This hotel is brand new with excellent customer service. They provide a great warm breakfast and the dining is top notch. When looking out the window you can see the hydroponic growing vegetables in which the use in the restaurant. I am a pillow freak and I need to be comfortable when I sleep. Well the pillows are like little clould of down comfort and the sheets are sleek. The shower has an oversized sunflower head that hangs from the ceiling so the water hits you head and not your chest. Very comfortable stay....

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Jen C

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. We really appreciate your feedback as is our way to guarantee our guest a memorable stay. Iam very happy to know you enjoy our pillows and your stay was as expected. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

If you are looking for a good international hotel, you can book this one.

The rooms are very nice, they can look to the city or to the mountains.

The standard of the hotel is good, the breakfast included also is very good.

Just the staff is not so efficient and not understand all.

But you will not be disappointed there. Just not expect too much from the staff.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dario G, Manager at Sheraton San Jose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Jerome A

Thank you very much for taking your time to let us know your feedback. We really appreciate your comments as is our way to improve our service and to guarantee our guest a great stay. I have comment your feedback regarding our staff to our department managers so we can work harder with our service culture. Again my thank you for sharing your experience with us.