If you're looking for a hotel/inn for the San José area, look no further. The fine team at the Posada El Quijote Country Inn know what it takes to make your stay a memorable one - and then there's the property itself with its well manicured gardens, breathtaking views overlooking San José, and well appointed guest rooms. The manager, Dick, took us for a tour of all the guest rooms the first night we were there - we had chosen one of the deluxe rooms for our stay but any of the rooms would have been a great choice. His wife, Claudia, also took a great deal of time chatting with us about our adventures in Tortugero (during the second part of our stay). José at Guest Services was simply exceptional ensuring everything and I do mean everything was taken care of for us (from arranging pick up to/from the airport, a tour guide for our first day there, helping us pick out food for delivery from a local restaurant for dinner and then answering our one million questions about Costa Rica in general and then arranging for our other taxi requirements). So if you have any special requests -- I wouldn't hesitate to ask - I'm sure they can find an answer to anything about your stay in San José. I overheard one of the guests talking to their friends (who they had brought back to the Inn to show off the place) talking about how they had a wonderful dinner in the dining room the previous evening and how wonderful everything was arranged. The last morning at breakfast (and what a wonderful breakfast it was -- the fine quality you can expect at high end hotels), I overheard one gentleman talking about the many years he had been coming to the Inn. From all of this - I knew my impressions were being shared by the majority of people visiting the Inn. And then there is Max and Sofie -- the Inn's two dogs - a pleasure to have around (and not overpowering if you're not extremely fond of dogs). Hopefully I haven't missed anything. All and all, all I can say is what are you waiting for -- book your reservation now and enjoy your stay - I know we did!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Posada El Quijote is a Spanish colonial inn set against a backdrop of spectacular views of Costa Rica's central valley and the city of San Jose.Situated atop the first hill 3.5 miles from the city center, Posada El Quijote is far enough to be in a comfortable country setting, free from the congestion and noise of the capitol, but close enough to enjoy easy access to the city and its facilities. The recently refurbished hotel, with a history dating back to 1994, offers an alternative to the large hotel chains that have recently established themselves in the area; Large enough to accomodate groups, but small enough to offer a very homely, relaxed and personal atmosphere. The staff (and onsite owners) are always prepared to provide their best to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Posada El Quijote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada El Quijote Escazu
- Posada El Quijote Hotel Escazu
- Posada El Quijote Costa Rica/Escazu