“lovely, and friendly”
Review of Villa Escazu

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Escazu
Villa Escazu
Ranked #4 of 14 Escazu B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We loved our stay with Inez. She was extremely helpful in planning the rest of our trip beyond the stay in Escazu. We really enjoyed her home cooking and her service. She was kind enough to invite the other guests (who were staying in the apartments) to join us for breakfast so we could all get acquainted. She arranged all the local transportation including from the airport. We are sorry we didn't have more time in Escazu. We would definitely return to stay with Inez next time.
The Hardy's from Albuquerque, NM

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Merrilyh

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed with Inez for dental work with Nova Dental... It was my first time in Costa Rica and it helped considerably that I had an expat from my home country to help me find my way! The place is a little oasis right outside the city. Close enough to get there quickly, but far enough to feel like you are on your own island.

I have to go back in six to eight months for more work...and I will be staying with Inez at the Villa again. Can't recommend it enough.

Room Tip: I stayed in the studio downstairs. It's an oasis to itself.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank MeatyOgre
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I was a long time resident of Costa Rica (15 years). I repatriated to Canada in 1995. Since then, I return every year to visit with friends and receive medical treatment. I have come to know Inez and she is truly one of the most reliable, trustworthy, and well travelled individuals in Costa Rica. With almost thirty years of local knowledge, there is little this intimate hotelier does not know about where and how to visit local attractions. Short or Long term accommodations, family or single size rooms makes Villa Escazu the perfect "Home Sweet Home", away. I have stayed with Inez every year since 1995 and have enjoyed the romance of the home and property, which is totally surrounded by tropical flaura and fawna, birds, and other small animals. The inclusion of FREE WiFi high speed internet makes connection to the rest of the world - a non-issue. If you decide to purchase breakfasts, you are in for a treat because Inez should be rated among the graduates of Le Cordon Blu - her home cooking is incredible. I very much look foward to our annual visit like clockwork.

Howard K. - Toronto, Canada

Room Tip: The two lower apartment units are generally reserved for long term stays and are complete efficiency...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Howard K
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I highly recommend the Villa Escazu having just spent 3 nights there with the gracious and fascinating owner/hostess Inez Chapman. The Villa is close to the center of Escazu yet it maintains its secluded, tranquil and lush atmosphere with vistas to the central valley below and beyond. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there from the perfect and spotless accomodations to the scrumptious gourmet breakfasts prepared by Inez with care to all details. While we were fortunate to have the B and B accomodations there we also toured the Studio and gardens and will look forward to an extended stay in the Studio in the future. A big plus for us was also the secure, behind the gates, private parking for our vehicle since we drove there from our home on the Osa Peninsula. So all this, with the delightful company of Inez, at an affordable rate as well, made this a most enjoyable visit for otherwise mundane business, i.e. dentist and doctor appointments!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SierpeAlajuela
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Recently returned from my second stay at Villa Escazu. It was time to complete my dental work at nearby NOVA Dental Clinic. Arriving at the B&B I immediatel noticed how different it looked from my last visit. Rainy Season had everything lush and green with flowers blooming everywhere. I was greeted by Inez and it was good to see her. I enjoyed her Company throughout the stay. The studio once again served as my home away from home. It is so convenient for preparing early morning coffee and any meals that you don't choose to eat out. Also nice to be able to pick up some incredibly fresh fruit, veggies, juice, tamales etc from the nearby Sat market and enjoy at leisure. Inez invited me up for breakfast one morning and proved, once again what a terrific cook she is. The views from the verandah are lovely in the morning looking up toward the mountain and in the evening down over San Jose. I enjoyed watching the variety of birds which visit throughout the day and the playful squirrels. Something about this area inspires me to get out and walk which I did daily. The old Escazu Centro neighborhood is just down the hill and one day I walked as far as the Multi Plaza. While I was pleased to complete the dental work, I am sad that I don't have that as an excuse for another visit to Villa Escazu in the near future!

Room Tip: The large upstairs B&B room has an addtl bed if you have a child or xtra adult The downstairs s...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank obxpat
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I recently enjoyed a 10 day stay at this lovely spot! Truly an oasis of tranquility. I traveled specifically for dental surgery. Since that is stressful enough (at least for me) i chose to stay away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Villa Escazu perfectly fit the bill. I was greeted by the charming Inez who cheerfully showed me the nearby town which had everything one could need within easy walking distance. When purchasing some groceries it was a quick and inexpensive cab ride back up the mountain. Every day I was greeted with different vistas, sometimes clouds hovering over the mountains above and some mornings with full sun. I enjoyed leaving out some fruit in the morning to attract lovely tropical birds. I chose the studio which was perfect to make simple breakfasts and even light dinner the night of surgery. The gardens presented some lovely spots to enjoy walking and reading. The room had a large clean bathroom and well stocked kitchenette. I also visited the b&B rooms upstairs. The one huge room with vaulted wood ceilings is lovely and very private. Sitting on the verandah enjoying a glass of wine, one has beautiful views of the central valley below and all of it's twinkling lights at night. Early mornings I often walked to the little town and enjoyed freshly baked pastries and coffee in the town square as the village came to life. Inez makes a lovely breakfast with fresh fruits, yummy coffee and main courses to suit the guests. While I was there she had a request for "vegan" and "vegetarian"...that one was just as tasty as other mornings I joined her! Inez has extensive knowledge of Costa Rica and is fun and interesting to sit and visit with when she has the time. I traveled as a solo middle aged female and felt very safe and secure at Villa Escazu! Not for those seeking nightlife. Perfect for anyone needing to stay close to San Jose and seeking a tranquil place to retreat to! I will try to upload a few photos as well!

Room Tip: Studio is great for a solo or couple. Large upstairs room for the B&B experience.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank obxpat
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Had a great time at the B&B. Inez, the owner, is a great host. She helped us with all of our sightseeing and trips. Breakfasts were delicious. I would definitely recommend this place for a nice vacation in San Jose.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends