We started and ended our trip to Costa Rica at this hotel. It is very nice and the bed was great. The pool is newly renovated and is terrific. The local area is upscale and much better than staying in the crappy downtown. The concierge was also great and helped us book day tours and gave good directions for driving to other areas of the country.
Based on the size of the country we had planned to stay longer at this hotel and do day trips to see the beaches and other tourist stuff, but we quickly realized that day trips from San Jose is a bad idea. So we left for a few days and spent nights at Arenal and Monteverde. Then we returned to this hotel for the night before our flight home.
Overall this is a great hotel and a nice place to start and end a vacation in Costa Rica, but not to stay at for the entire trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall is ideal for business and leisure, we invite you to discover this urban retreat in the heart of Escazu, San Jose's most exclusive neighborhood. The hotel is located within the city's most prestigious shopping mall complex, where you will find upscale stores, bars and the finest restaurants. Escazu Corporate Center and Plaza Roble Corporate Center are just a short stroll away from the hotel. This San Jose, Costa Rica hotel features the hottest concepts in entertainment and dining, including four trendy and lively concept restaurants: The Market, Factory Steak and Lobster, NAU Sushi Lounge and Pimento. The hotel's full service spa blends with nature, it is perfect for guests that want to escape and relax in our outdoor massage rooms or enjoy our Finnish sauna, Vichy showers, steam baths or an array of other relaxing massage treatments. The hotel's updated fitness center overlooks serene tropical gardens, a Jacuzzi and three heated outdoor pools. For meetings and events, the hotel offers a new Corporate Center with thirteen modern event rooms and a ballroom that can accommodate up to 3,000 people. All guestrooms are designed to fulfill the needs of today's global traveler, with streaming speed Internet access, soundproof windows, total blackout curtains, bedding with 300 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets, LCD TVs, alarm clock with mobile docking station, wireless telephone and more. On the second floor of our Club Tower guests will find the exclusive Club InterContinental lounge, where they can enjoy complimentary breakfast, afternoon cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall is just 9 miles away from Juan Santamaria International Airport. On your next visit to San Jose, stay at the place to be in Escazu, where work and play blend perfectly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Priceline, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Real Intercontinental Hotel And Club Tower Costa Rica
- Intercontinental Hotel Escazu
- Real Costa Rica Intercontinental
- Real InterContinental Costa Rica At Multiplaza Mall Escazu