I was here for a conference in early June of 2007. I traveled with a friend who was not part of the conference.
I was astounded by how pretty the architecture of the building was when we first walked in. If you stay here, you should look up when you enter the building and you'll see what I mean.
The staff spoke English very well. I guess that should be standard for a business hotel, but I really appreciated it. Especially at check out when I had a lot of special requests. This was also helpful when we decided to take a last minute trip to see the city of San Jose - the bellboys knew exactly where to tell us to go in English and were able to instruct our taxi driver for us.
Further on that note, I was able to call the main InterContinental number the day before my arrival in order to order a taxi for a very late-night arrival. The woman I spoke to was able to take my airline information, translate it to the taxi driver and then tell me all the information about how to find him afterwards. He was there and waiting for my guest and me; it was a very welcome sign after a delayed flight!
During our stay, we visited one of the hotel restaurants twice: Alfredo's. We had such a fantastic meal the first time, that we had to go back for seconds. It didn't disappoint the second time around. I also found the prices to be very inexpensive for a nice sit-down restaurant. I ordered a spagetti carbonara which was around $6 US with the exchange rate. We found that generally you will eat cheap all around San Jose, Costa Rica.
In the rooms, the cable TV was great. Surprisingly good selection of channels, many in English. HBO and Cinemax too. Also, the internet connection was surprisingly fast with the ethernet cable that was in the room. This cost extra - I paid for a full week which was around $40 US. They also let you just pay for a couple of hours, or a day. There is no free internet, unless it comes with your room.
Although the pool was supposed to be finished, it was never opened during our stay. It looks like it will be a beautiful pool eventually with nice cabanas and comfy chairs all around.
Water pressure was fairly terrible. I expect this in a hotel, but I don't understand why they use such a gigantic shower head when all they have is a trickle anyway. It took my guest and I quite a while to even get wet when either of us took a shower.
The breakfast was delicious, but I'm putting this in my not-so-good category because I didn't think it was worth $21 US for the buffet for one person.
All in all, I would recommend this hotel to any travelers beginning/ending their vacation in Costa Rica near the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall is ideal for business and leisure, we invite you to discover this urban retreat in the heart of Escazu, San Jose's most exclusive neighborhood. The hotel is located within the city's most prestigious shopping mall complex, where you will find upscale stores, bars and the finest restaurants. Escazu Corporate Center and Plaza Roble Corporate Center are just a short stroll away from the hotel. This San Jose, Costa Rica hotel features the hottest concepts in entertainment and dining, including four trendy and lively concept restaurants: The Market, Factory Steak and Lobster, NAU Sushi Lounge and Pimento. The hotel's full service spa blends with nature, it is perfect for guests that want to escape and relax in our outdoor massage rooms or enjoy our Finnish sauna, Vichy showers, steam baths or an array of other relaxing massage treatments. The hotel's updated fitness center overlooks serene tropical gardens, a Jacuzzi and three heated outdoor pools. For meetings and events, the hotel offers a new Corporate Center with thirteen modern event rooms and a ballroom that can accommodate up to 3,000 people. All guestrooms are designed to fulfill the needs of today's global traveler, with streaming speed Internet access, soundproof windows, total blackout curtains, bedding with 300 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets, LCD TVs, alarm clock with mobile docking station, wireless telephone and more. On the second floor of our Club Tower guests will find the exclusive Club InterContinental lounge, where they can enjoy complimentary breakfast, afternoon cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall is just 9 miles away from Juan Santamaria International Airport. On your next visit to San Jose, stay at the place to be in Escazu, where work and play blend perfectly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Real Intercontinental Hotel And Club Tower Costa Rica
- Intercontinental Hotel Escazu
- Real Costa Rica Intercontinental
- Real InterContinental Costa Rica At Multiplaza Mall Escazu