We stayed here because it was part of our pre-cruise tour booked through Star Clippers. It is a very nice, luxurious hotel used by presidents and diplomats, as well as, well-heeled business travelers. Ezcazu is the deluxe neighborhood in greater San Jose, Costa Rica. The hotel is across the street from a large shopping mall complete with upscale stores, multiple screen movie theater, and a food court that features Taco Bell and Kentucky Fried Chicken. But, Ezcazu is miles away from museums, small shops, and night life. The good news is that its own restaurants and bar are very good. We ate multiple times in The Market and the food and service was always excellent with a VERY broad and diverse menu. The room was comfortable and the bathroom was good. One quirk was a maid who insisted on rearranging our personal items in the bathroom! There is a fancy spa on the premises and an outdoor pool. We didn't use either. When our day tour group returned us to our hotel we were the last dropped off. We had a tour of all the cheaper chain hotels that line the highway from the airport plus a couple of hostels in town on our way home to the hotel. The staff were always very, very helpful and pleasant. This a beautiful upscale hotel that will easily satisfy travelers with their own transportation and time to kill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall is ideal for business and leisure, we invite you to discover this urban retreat in the heart of Escazu, San Jose's most exclusive neighborhood. The hotel is located within the city's most prestigious shopping mall complex, where you will find upscale stores, bars and the finest restaurants. Escazu Corporate Center and Plaza Roble Corporate Center are just a short stroll away from the hotel. This San Jose, Costa Rica hotel features the hottest concepts in entertainment and dining, including four trendy and lively concept restaurants: The Market, Factory Steak and Lobster, NAU Sushi Lounge and Pimento. The hotel's full service spa blends with nature, it is perfect for guests that want to escape and relax in our outdoor massage rooms or enjoy our Finnish sauna, Vichy showers, steam baths or an array of other relaxing massage treatments. The hotel's updated fitness center overlooks serene tropical gardens, a Jacuzzi and three heated outdoor pools. For meetings and events, the hotel offers a new Corporate Center with thirteen modern event rooms and a ballroom that can accommodate up to 3,000 people. All guestrooms are designed to fulfill the needs of today's global traveler, with streaming speed Internet access, soundproof windows, total blackout curtains, bedding with 300 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets, LCD TVs, alarm clock with mobile docking station, wireless telephone and more. On the second floor of our Club Tower guests will find the exclusive Club InterContinental lounge, where they can enjoy complimentary breakfast, afternoon cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall is just 9 miles away from Juan Santamaria International Airport. On your next visit to San Jose, stay at the place to be in Escazu, where work and play blend perfectly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Real Intercontinental Hotel And Club Tower Costa Rica
- Intercontinental Hotel Escazu
- Real Costa Rica Intercontinental
- Real InterContinental Costa Rica At Multiplaza Mall Escazu