I stayed in this hotel in the past and recently a couple of weeks ago. Actually I was checking out these and other hotels for a future company event.
This could be the hotel for you or might not be depending on what you like. This hotel is very business like crowded and with a busy Lobby. Traffic could be an issue to get to the airport and other areas of San Jose. If you like a quiet hotel, more tourist or resort like, this is not the hotel for you. You have other options for this in San Jose, with better pool area and amenities.
Room rates are higher than other comparable hotels in the San Jose area may offer the same or better amenities at a lowe price. I guess location is the reason across the street from the Megaplaza mall. At the same time this location could be a nightmare due to the traffic from and to Escazu. Especially if you need to get and arrive from the airport. Other hotels are closer to the airport. I do not think locations justify the higher price since the hotel shows lots of signs of deterioration
At first look, the hotel looks nice if you look at the lobby the 5 restaurants and pool area, but if you look more closely, the hotel does show signs of deterioration. Furniture already shows wear and tear, and even dirty. You can see this on the desk, headboard, night stands, chairs. Curtains are losing color, carpets throughout are showing wear and tear. I stayed on room on the fourth floor towards the floor of the building and I could not sleep well since there was a banging metal noise on and off coming from the outside wall. The bed was not the best and I for me bed should be the best if you are staying at a 5 stars hotel.
Service is ok, but could be better. I requested a late check out. They charge you 50% of rate if you if you check out before 5:00pm. That is ok with me, some hotels do charge some hotels do not charge and make is as a courtesy when it is a corporate rate, but since I call and requested the late check out and agreed to the charge, did not expect to get two calls to ask if I was checking out. It felt like they wanted me out of the room even when I already paid the late check out fee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall is ideal for business and leisure, we invite you to discover this urban retreat in the heart of Escazu, San Jose's most exclusive neighborhood. The hotel is located within the city's most prestigious shopping mall complex, where you will find upscale stores, bars and the finest restaurants. Escazu Corporate Center and Plaza Roble Corporate Center are just a short stroll away from the hotel. This San Jose, Costa Rica hotel features the hottest concepts in entertainment and dining, including four trendy and lively concept restaurants: The Market, Factory Steak and Lobster, NAU Sushi Lounge and Pimento. The hotel's full service spa blends with nature, it is perfect for guests that want to escape and relax in our outdoor massage rooms or enjoy our Finnish sauna, Vichy showers, steam baths or an array of other relaxing massage treatments. The hotel's updated fitness center overlooks serene tropical gardens, a Jacuzzi and three heated outdoor pools. For meetings and events, the hotel offers a new Corporate Center with thirteen modern event rooms and a ballroom that can accommodate up to 3,000 people. All guestrooms are designed to fulfill the needs of today's global traveler, with streaming speed Internet access, soundproof windows, total blackout curtains, bedding with 300 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets, LCD TVs, alarm clock with mobile docking station, wireless telephone and more. On the second floor of our Club Tower guests will find the exclusive Club InterContinental lounge, where they can enjoy complimentary breakfast, afternoon cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall is just 9 miles away from Juan Santamaria International Airport. On your next visit to San Jose, stay at the place to be in Escazu, where work and play blend perfectly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Real Intercontinental Hotel And Club Tower Costa Rica
- Intercontinental Hotel Escazu
- Real Costa Rica Intercontinental
- Real InterContinental Costa Rica At Multiplaza Mall Escazu