I stayed at the Intercontinental for just over 2 weeks in April/May and overall had a very pleasant stay. The only reason I have marked them down a star, is that my stay collided with a visit from the President of the USA, which basically resulted in us getting "locked in" for certain periods of time- and unable to use the facilities. On the Friday, we couldnt get to the office and had to work from the hotel, and on the Saturday (my only day off) I wasnt allowed to sit by the pool and was told it wouldnt be open until 2pm! (It actually opened about 11.30)- plus the gym/spa etc were closed. I appreciate this was out of the control of the hotel- but we received no prior warning which would have been nice.
However, apart from that- I only have good things to say. The staff were lovely- and soon knew my drinks order by memory. The choice of restaurants was great, and the breakfast in the market was fantastic. My room was cleaned to a great standard each day, and my dry cleaning returned early.
I will definitely be returning- just hopefully not at the same time as the President!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall is ideal for business and leisure, we invite you to discover this urban retreat in the heart of Escazu, San Jose's most exclusive neighborhood. The hotel is located within the city's most prestigious shopping mall complex, where you will find upscale stores, bars and the finest restaurants. Escazu Corporate Center and Plaza Roble Corporate Center are just a short stroll away from the hotel. This San Jose, Costa Rica hotel features the hottest concepts in entertainment and dining, including four trendy and lively concept restaurants: The Market, Factory Steak and Lobster, NAU Sushi Lounge and Pimento. The hotel's full service spa blends with nature, it is perfect for guests that want to escape and relax in our outdoor massage rooms or enjoy our Finnish sauna, Vichy showers, steam baths or an array of other relaxing massage treatments. The hotel's updated fitness center overlooks serene tropical gardens, a Jacuzzi and three heated outdoor pools. For meetings and events, the hotel offers a new Corporate Center with thirteen modern event rooms and a ballroom that can accommodate up to 3,000 people. All guestrooms are designed to fulfill the needs of today's global traveler, with streaming speed Internet access, soundproof windows, total blackout curtains, bedding with 300 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets, LCD TVs, alarm clock with mobile docking station, wireless telephone and more. On the second floor of our Club Tower guests will find the exclusive Club InterContinental lounge, where they can enjoy complimentary breakfast, afternoon cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall is just 9 miles away from Juan Santamaria International Airport. On your next visit to San Jose, stay at the place to be in Escazu, where work and play blend perfectly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Real Intercontinental Hotel And Club Tower Costa Rica
- Intercontinental Hotel Escazu
- Real Costa Rica Intercontinental
- Real InterContinental Costa Rica At Multiplaza Mall Escazu