Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall
$237
$89
Wyndham Garden San Jose Escazu(Escazu)(Great Value!)
$89
$103
$99
Apartotel Don Francisco(Escazu)(Great Value!)
$53
Posada El Quijote(Escazu)(Great Value!)
$75
Out of Bounds Hotel(Escazu)(Great Value!)
$54
$42
1,426 results
All reviewsclub towercaravan tourcosta ricasan josesushipool areabeautiful hotellobby barfood courtmultiplaza mallbreakfast buffetgrocery storebusiness tripalfredofree internetbusiness centercentral america
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is very well located, across the street is the major shopping center in town, besides being a five stars, has the best restaurants in town with a very decent pricing. They have four restaurants, an itialian, sushi, meat and a cafeteria with the best. This place is one of my favorites in town. Take advantage of sitting in the terrace to enjoy the weather.

Room Tip: Looking at the swiming pool or mountains
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gitana28
Ramon_Diago, General Manager at Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Gitana28, we always welcome comments from our Local Customers as we believe that our Hotel is part of the community reason why try to be competitive within the area. Thank you and we look forward to have you back on any of our Restaurants. Ramon

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was disappointed with the property. The pool area is "worn" quite a bit. The lounge chairs
were ripped and tattered. The greenery was boring. The pool was a good size and looked clean.
It all looks like it could use an update. Being the Intercontinental, I was expecting a higher quality overall. The tower building was nice. The staff working in that area did not seem approachable.
They rarely looked up from their computer and did not seem friendly. The rooms do not have a
dresser/armoire which makes it difficult to live out of a suitcase for a week.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Teresa V

Dear tyroneonmymind, please accept my most sincere apologies for this experience at our Hotel. The Maintenance Team has been advised to check deeper the lounge chairs in order to be updated. I will review with my Front Office Manager your comments in regards to the attitude of the Front Desk Staff. Don’t hesitate to reach me directly for further comments. Sincerely, Ramon Diago, General Manager. (ramon.diago@r-hr.com)

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Prior to 2013, I had stayed at this hotel many times in the last 15 years. It has an excellent location away from San Jose's hectic downtown. I found its restaurants to be very good. Its staff is very friendly and accommodating. However, the signs of deterioration are obvious: signs are dirty and worn out, curtains are fading and hallway carpets need to be replaced. Beds were uncomfortable from so much padding that has been stuffed underneath the mattresses ---very unlike Intercontinental. I stayed at the original building; I was told there is a new tower but cannot comment on the rooms there. This hotel will continue to be one of San Jose's best for some time, but its time for perhaps major renovations is now.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Raul J

Dear RaulJ, I do appreciate your opinion and rest assure that we take it very seriously, be advised that we are currently building our new Convention Center and once construction is over we already have scheduled renovating the Hotel side to include lobby area and guestrooms. Thank you, Ramon

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was expecting a clean, inviting and well run hotel. That's NOT what I got. As long as you don't look with both eyes it looks clean and well kept. My room had stains on the bed/sheets, the walls were all marked up and had knicks in it. The desk and tables in my room had cup stains and dirt all over them. The barrel was not empty when I got to my room.

Pros:
1. The breakfast in the Market was GREAT it had a lot of variety and the service was attentive.

2. The mall is across the street so if you forgot something or need a cheaper meal just walk across... they have all kinds of American stores there.

3. The pool was delightful

Cons:

1. I had a late lunch in the market (Pizza - greasy, cold and expensive and French Fries - fine)... it took over 40 minutes to get the pizza/fries and NO it was not busy the waiters were congregating around their station talking. I had to get up to ask a waiter to bring me another drink as I had waited for 5 minutes and tried waving from my seat.

2. The shower in my room worked GREAT but the tub did not drain of water. I called the Front Desk 2 times and even went down 2 times. The tub was still full of water in the morning when I left - no one ever came to fix it.

3. The bed sheets were COVERED in stains - the sheets looked like they were not washed. I again called down... no one ever came up.

I would choose to stay else where if I return to this area.

Room Tip: Make sure its clean. Ask for a room in the back ... mine room was over looking the front driveway and I heard folks coming and going all night in my 2nd floor room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Nelle_1234

Dear Nelle_1234, it is a letdown as you mentioned not to receive a good review from you, we have identified the areas of improvement and each one of your points have been shared with our staff in order to avoid further recurrence. We hope to have new opportunity to change your experience. Thank you, Ramon

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Friendly staff,
I have stayed in suite with terrace and outdoor Jacuzzi. Great, and even unexpected in an hotel located in San Jose
very good restaurant for meat.
italian restaurant ..........nothing in common with Italy
Best hotel in San Jose...

Room Tip: only 2 or 3 suites
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jeanluc1
Ramon_Diago, General Manager at Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Dear Jeanluc1, good to know you enjoyed the accommodations of one of our Master Suites, my apologies that our new menu from Alfredo Restaurant was not what you expected. Thank you, Ramon