Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall
Wyndham Garden San Jose Escazu(Escazu)(Great Value!)
$84
Posada El Quijote(Escazu)(Great Value!)
$75
$99
$161
$112
Orbitz.com
Out of Bounds Hotel(Escazu)(Great Value!)
$65
$51
Apartotel Don Francisco(Escazu)(Great Value!)
$63
$61
1,436 results
All reviewsclub towercaravan tourcosta ricasan josesushipool areabeautiful hotellobby barfood courtmultiplaza mallbreakfast buffetgrocery storebusiness tripalfredofree internetbusiness centercentral america
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This is better place than where I used to stay - with Multiplaza near, my room bigger and brighter BUT maybe it is just me but the experience was really poor for me. An unemptied trash can however welcomed me (am lucky there's no icky stuff inside) - called the housekeeping/reception and no one ever came. I wanted to call outside but the process was so complicated that I can't make a local call or international call - the operator told me to go the front desk and the front desk told me to call operator and buy a call card in the shop which was already closed. What?! I gave up. Good thing for technology - there are other ways to call my friend and family.

Then came payment time, I was double charged and I found this when I came back home. I emailed based on the email address in my billing statement - it bounced back. I called 1x - phone wont get through; 2nd time, it did but I have to be redirected to nowhere hence international phone bill to no avail. I was asked to email instead, one week later, no response. A sign that offer Departure Tax payment convenience happily welcomes you in the front desk but viola, it's not available. What's new?

Am trying to think of anything positive - breakfast! Yeah - I suppose that could be the saving grace! Hefty good meal and choices - oatmeal needed to be ordered but readily available. No pancakes but there's waffles so good enough for me. I especially liked the yoghurt fruit parfait that they come up with - I don't miss it :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Cathy B
Ramon_Diago, General Manager at Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Dear Ms. Cathybuster, my sincere apologies for the obvious annoyance during your last stay in our Hotel. I would like to personally speak with you in order to get further details about these opportunities, I highly appreciate if you can please forward your directly to my email ramon.diago@r-hr.com . Sincerely, Ramon Diago (General Manager)

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have stay in this hotel more than once and it is always been a pleasure to stay in this Hotel. I enjoy the food at all restaurants, the bed and the personell that attends the guest very well.
As part of a feedback, the Hotel must offer free wi fi. The mayority of the Hotels includes free wifi.
A couple years ago, i remeber that the breakfast was always included for people who stayed in standard room. Now it is not inlcuded. I also notice that the price per night increase. So this does not make sense as the price increase but the breakfast is taken out. If the hotel increase theprice per night, at least mantain everything you offer.

Hope this feedback helps improve the hotel to continue giving the highest hotel standard.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Dear Ottavio E, we always take any feedback positively, IHG our matrix company is currently looking for alternatives for our loyal guests in order to eliminate internet charges on any destination of InterContinental Hotels & Resorts. In regards to our rates and offerings we do our best to be competitive within the market while offer the best in service. Thank you once again, Ramon.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed here one night after a cruise. The hotel is gorgeous. The room was clean, and the bed was comfy. This location has a nice pool, spa, and several restaurants. We ate dinner and breakfast at The Marketplace in the hotel. It was delicious! Service all over the hotel was excellent. From arranging transportation to recommending restaurants, they exceeded my expectations!

• Stayed: March 2013
Ramon_Diago, General Manager at Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear moochelle1, exceeding expectations is a high end goal which we are proud to have achieved with you, we look forward to welcome you back for a longer stay. Thank you, Ramon

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We done a tour of Costa Rica - we stayed here two nights at the beginning and one at the end. I can was more than happy with the hotel and the beds were fantastic- it was nice to have a bit of comfort when you have travelled a lot. The breakfasts were very good although unfortunately we didn't get a chance to eat here with our busy schedule. There is a supermarket opposite which I would advise people to visit for water and such - because while I am not mean I don't like being ripped off - and for the sake of literally two minutes walk theres no worries - plus it gets you a look around the spacious shopping centre.
All in all a very good hotel and would not hestitate to stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DorothyCumbria
Ramon_Diago, General Manager at Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear DorothyCumbria, thank you for letting us be your first and last impression of Costa Rica. We look forward to welcome you back so you can enjoy our different restaurants as well. Sincerely, Ramon.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Was part of a tour group, so did no make my own booking, but found the hotel to be typical of overpriced chains. The food we were served was nothing special, although breakfast was nice, but not much above the quality of a budget chain. Rooms were fine but nothing special. Once again, upscale hotels seem to think overcharging for internet makes sense - it doesn't to me. Huge mall across the street - especially with a hugh modern supermarket, helped bring costs in line. Pool area was beautiful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank DoDDSTravelingteach

Dear DoDDSTravellingteach, We regret to know that you think our hotel is overpriced; we always look to be competitive while we provide the best, reason why Tour Operators choose our Hotel for their important groups. Thank you, Ramon.