This is better place than where I used to stay - with Multiplaza near, my room bigger and brighter BUT maybe it is just me but the experience was really poor for me. An unemptied trash can however welcomed me (am lucky there's no icky stuff inside) - called the housekeeping/reception and no one ever came. I wanted to call outside but the process was so complicated that I can't make a local call or international call - the operator told me to go the front desk and the front desk told me to call operator and buy a call card in the shop which was already closed. What?! I gave up. Good thing for technology - there are other ways to call my friend and family.
Then came payment time, I was double charged and I found this when I came back home. I emailed based on the email address in my billing statement - it bounced back. I called 1x - phone wont get through; 2nd time, it did but I have to be redirected to nowhere hence international phone bill to no avail. I was asked to email instead, one week later, no response. A sign that offer Departure Tax payment convenience happily welcomes you in the front desk but viola, it's not available. What's new?
Am trying to think of anything positive - breakfast! Yeah - I suppose that could be the saving grace! Hefty good meal and choices - oatmeal needed to be ordered but readily available. No pancakes but there's waffles so good enough for me. I especially liked the yoghurt fruit parfait that they come up with - I don't miss it :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall is ideal for business and leisure, we invite you to discover this urban retreat in the heart of Escazu, San Jose's most exclusive neighborhood. The hotel is located within the city's most prestigious shopping mall complex, where you will find upscale stores, bars and the finest restaurants. Escazu Corporate Center and Plaza Roble Corporate Center are just a short stroll away from the hotel. This San Jose, Costa Rica hotel features the hottest concepts in entertainment and dining, including four trendy and lively concept restaurants: The Market, Factory Steak and Lobster, NAU Sushi Lounge and Pimento. The hotel's full service spa blends with nature, it is perfect for guests that want to escape and relax in our outdoor massage rooms or enjoy our Finnish sauna, Vichy showers, steam baths or an array of other relaxing massage treatments. The hotel's updated fitness center overlooks serene tropical gardens, a Jacuzzi and three heated outdoor pools. For meetings and events, the hotel offers a new Corporate Center with thirteen modern event rooms and a ballroom that can accommodate up to 3,000 people. All guestrooms are designed to fulfill the needs of today's global traveler, with streaming speed Internet access, soundproof windows, total blackout curtains, bedding with 300 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets, LCD TVs, alarm clock with mobile docking station, wireless telephone and more. On the second floor of our Club Tower guests will find the exclusive Club InterContinental lounge, where they can enjoy complimentary breakfast, afternoon cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall is just 9 miles away from Juan Santamaria International Airport. On your next visit to San Jose, stay at the place to be in Escazu, where work and play blend perfectly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Real Intercontinental Hotel And Club Tower Costa Rica
- Intercontinental Hotel Escazu
- Real Costa Rica Intercontinental
- Real InterContinental Costa Rica At Multiplaza Mall Escazu