“Enjoyed our stay!”

Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Escazu
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed here two nights as part of our Caravan Tour. Since we were Priority Club members we got free internet. We were happy about that but did have to log in almost hourly.

The hotel was very nice and we enjoyed the breakfast buffet. The mall across the street was very high end..one of the largest we have seen.

Beds were comfy but the housekeepers did not remember to leave a wash cloth.

We would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Ramon_Diago, General Manager at Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for been a Priority Club Member, we do apologize for the small opportunity with the wash clothes replacement. Good to know you enjoy our breakfast selection at The Market. We look forward to welcome you back either with Caravan Tours or your own plant trip to Costa Rica.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Excellent hotel to intercontinental standards. Located in Escazu right next to highway. Excellent location as a base for exploring central valley area.
Big and busy.
Very comfortable, quiet and safe.
Highend shoppiing centre next door.
Beautiful views of surrounding mountains.
Beautiful pool and spa

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you kindly for recognizing the achievement of our Brand Standards, we are glad you had time to enjoy our Spa and Pool while you visit the Hotel. We look forward to welcome you and your friends back to Costa Rica.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

++ Hotel is run very well. I have no constructive Criticism (!).
+ Fancy hotel with nice appointments
+ IPod player in radio
+ Many pillows on the bed
+ Gymnasium, Jacuzzi
+ Bathrobes in bathroom
+ Sumptuous breakfast buffet
+ IPod player in radio in room
+ Wide screen high def TV
+ Nice buffet meals
0 no fridge or microwave
0 $4 for two hours Internet time
0 All cable stations in Spanish or English w/subtitles

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Ramon_Diago, General Manager at Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

We truly appreciate your objective review about our facilities and service, we are always in the look for new services and options for all our guests in order to provide the very best of service. We look forward to welcome you back. Sincerely, Ramon.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel only one night after we arrived in Costa Rica. Needless to say, we were tired after our long flight and ready to be pampered.

We have stayed at several Intercontinental Hotels over the years and have always been pleased with the quality of the hotels and staff. Our one night stay was far less than we had hoped for.

We stayed on the Club Floor and were surprised at how little was offered free. We paid for our breakfast, our coffee and our drinks even though we paid an additional amount to use the club facilities. This was not the case in other Intercontinental Hotels! This was a disappointment.

Our room was clean and very nice, however, the ceiling above our bathroom leaked all night and flooded from above the morning we left. We were given no consideration for this and, in fact, it was not repaired until we were checking out. A great disappointment.

Finally, we ate dinner in the primier hotel restaurant and were very disappointed with the quality of food. Their highest quality steak was very tough and stringy and my wife's fish was undercooked, over battered (was supposedly pan fried) and poorly seasoned. Both dishes were nearly inedible. Another disappointment.

I definitely would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ARTarea51
Ramon_Diago, General Manager at Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the obvious annoyance while you stayed in our Hotel. I will definitely follow-up with the Department Heads involved such as Club Floor, Maintenance and Restaurant. If possible I would like to speak further about all the challenges you mentioned before, I highly appreciate if you are able to reach me at ramon.diago@r-hr.com

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We were here the first 2 nights as part of a tour pkg. Staff is helpful & friendly. Breakfast buffet has quite a variety w/tables in or outside by pools. Hot tub is actually hot (as we later learned in other hotels that is not the case). Sitting at the bar near reception desk one Friday evening was a good place to people watch. There were all kinds of parties and a wedding, too. We had a tour to Poas Volcano & area one day so I agree other than the mall across the street, there probably isn't much to do in the immediate area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wherenext066

Thank you for choosing us as the 1st destination during your vacation in Costa Rica, we are glad that you were able to enjoy our Restaurant Market and relax in our outdoor facilities. We look forward to welcome you back on your next trip.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while taking a tour of Costa Rica. Fabulous staff. We arrived at noon and were able to get into our room. There is a fee for Internet however the desk clerk advised us to sign up for their rewards program (which is at no cost) and the Internet would be available at no charge. We also received complimentary bottles of water.

There is a beautiful pool area with hot tub. They were decorating for a wedding - was incredible what they did!!

The meals were good. The rooms spacious.

It is not close to the center of San Jose. It's an $18 taxi ride one way. It is walking distance to a very large "American" type mall. The mall is very expensive.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lorraine242
Ramon_Diago, General Manager at Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for your positive comments about our location, facilities, food and staff, Also we I would like to welcome you to our Priority Club Program where you can accrue points/miles on any hotel within InterContinental Hotels Group. We look forward to welcome you back to Costa Rica.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recently spent one night at the Real InterContinental - San Jose CR. I had stayed at some of the "nicer" San Jose hotels before and was not impressed. This time, I was overwhelmed. Check in was seamless even though I was checking in at noon! I was given a nice room.. no view but overall a very nice room. Threw my bags in and went out to see eat a nice meal and see what was in the neighborhood.

Had a fabulous mean at a nearby restaurant called "Product C".. extremely nice!

When I returned to my room it was a bit hotter than my likes. I called the front desk and they were to send someone up.. after an hour and no-show, I called and asked for a different room. The didn't hesitate to accommodate me and moved me to a room with a view of the pool. It was a nice view. The room was fabulous.

I did not use the spa, but I did walk thru it.. very high end.

I was only there for one night but I really wanted to stay longer. --- Next time!

The included breakfast was just indescribable -- I took a book and a seat on the patio by the pool, had a leisurely breakfast of wonderful fresh fruit and so many choices, I couldn't work my way thru it all as hard as I tried.

Can't wait to go again - will definitely stay at this location again.

Room Tip: get a room with a pool view. the rooms on the street side - windows were dirty and scenery was noth...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

It was our pleasure to host you in our hotel at least for one night, once again we do apologize for the challenges experienced with the A/C in your first room; we are glad that quality of our breakfast exceeded your expectations. Please make sure on your next visit you are able to enjoy any of our other 3 restaurants in the Hotel we are confident you will enjoy them as well.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Escazu
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
Courtyard San Jose Escazu
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jo...
#1 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen
Barcelo San Jose
Barcelo San Jose
#12 of 78 in San Jose
Hotel Alta Las Palomas
Hotel Alta Las Palomas
#3 of 14 in Escazu
Hotel Grano de Oro San Jose

Been to Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall? Share your experiences!