We had a nice stay at the Courtyard San Jose. The hotel is in a terrific location in Escazu, one of the best areas of San Jose. The hotel itself has a Costa Rican charm to it but it also maintains what you would expect from a Courtyard. It is a great hotel for business and pleasure but I would not think most people would choose to stay at this hotel for most of their trip. It is a good place to spend a day or two (perhaps taking a daytrip) before leaving the city behind. The breakfast was really good - and we booked the breakfast package with our reservation. There is also a small pool on the property. Also, the hotel is located as part of a commercial plaza with lots of shops and restaurants literally down the stairs. There is also a bank with ATM in the same plaza. There are a wide variety of ethnic (Italian, Peruvian, Mexican, Spanish tapas) restaurants and also a couple US chains (Hooters and Outback Steakhouse) for those who want that sort of thing. The Multiplaza Mall is literally a two minute drive and a $1-2 dollar taxi ride from the hotel - which was great for us because we picked up some snacks and drinks at the Automercado supermarket.
So I would say that this is a good, if predictable, hotel in San Jose. It is clean and functional mid-range hotel but what is best for us was the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located by Plaza Itskatzu, the Courtyard Escazu San Jose Costa Rica Hotel provides guests with a central location with quality accommodations and services that make business and leisure travel easy and relaxing while on a Costa Rica vacation. Spacious guest rooms feature Marriott's new bedding, free high-speed internet access and are tastefully decorated in colonial decor that reflect Costa Rica's distinctive cultural heritage and warm hospitality. This San Jose CR hotel is convenient for business travelers with a location that is near industrial parks, downtown businesses and corporate offices. When your meetings in Costa Rica are done, we are also within minutes of shopping and some of the best restaurants and nightlife in San Jose. If you are here on a relaxing Costa Rican vacation, you may also venture to nearby attractions such as Poas Volcano, rainforests and coffee plantation tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard San Jose Escazu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Marriott San Jose Escazu Hotel Escazu
- San Jose Courtyard
- Courtyard San Jose Escazu Costa Rica