My friend and I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott for two nights before attending a wedding in Costa Rica. The hotel was an oasis in a sea of chain restaurants and strip malls.
SERVICE: The staff were very affable and ensured a smooth stay. Although not the fault of the hotel, the driver at the hotel's official taxi stand charged an exorbitant amount to get me to another location in Escazu without using a meter (US$20), compared to about the US$4 it cost to get back to the hotel with a different cab.
VALUE: Got a great deal on account of a Black Friday sale. Otherwise, the cost would have been comparable to similar hotels in the area.
SLEEP QUALITY: Beds were great and the room temperature was perfect.
CLEANLINESS: The rooms were thoroughly cleaned.
LOCATION: Not much sightseeing to do here, unless the adjacent Hooters counts. Ugh, I'm not proud of that joke. Anyway, if you want to make a harrowing trip by foot to the high-end Multiplaza mall under and across the highway, you will be rewarded by a breathtaking view of a pseudo-waterfall.
ROOMS: Quite typical of the Courtyard brand worldwide.
RESTAURANT: They serve a decent Costa Rican breakfast. You can never have enough plantains!
The staff make the difference at this hotel. That said, unless you have some reason to be in Escazu, it is not the most convenient location to stay at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located by Plaza Itskatzu, the Courtyard Escazu San Jose Costa Rica Hotel provides guests with a central location with quality accommodations and services that make business and leisure travel easy and relaxing while on a Costa Rica vacation. Spacious guest rooms feature Marriott's new bedding, free high-speed internet access and are tastefully decorated in colonial decor that reflect Costa Rica's distinctive cultural heritage and warm hospitality. This San Jose CR hotel is convenient for business travelers with a location that is near industrial parks, downtown businesses and corporate offices. When your meetings in Costa Rica are done, we are also within minutes of shopping and some of the best restaurants and nightlife in San Jose. If you are here on a relaxing Costa Rican vacation, you may also venture to nearby attractions such as Poas Volcano, rainforests and coffee plantation tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Courtyard San Jose Escazu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Marriott San Jose Escazu Hotel Escazu
- San Jose Courtyard
- Courtyard San Jose Escazu Costa Rica