“Best value hotel”

Courtyard San Jose Escazu
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Escazu
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is my third time in Mariott and I do believe I will choose Mariott again in my future trips to Costa Rica. i usually stay for more than 10 days in these trips but being in mariott makes me feel a lot better even if im far away from home. The room is nice and cozy. The staffs are very friendly and tries to assists you in any way they can. They just make the environment so light and bubbly... I also love their breakfast with the usual fruits ( a lot of selection) , gallo pinto ( rice with black beans) , cereals, milk, potatoes, bread, and some sausages etc. i love their food, i wont mind eating the same dishes.. Ofcourse they do change 2 or 3 like the type of sausage, tacos etc.. Its definitely worth it.. And just 5 mins away from the shopping mall- multiplaza.. Cause you 2 dollars per ride but they do have free shuttles you can inquire.

1  Thank Eunice T
Adolfo_Carit, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Escazu, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you for your review and kind comments we really appreciate them. As Marriott repeat guest please remember to provide your Marriott Rewards number in every stay to earn points that you can redeem in more than 3500 hotels around the world.
I hope you enjoyed our new lobby and new menu at our restaurant Centro. We look forward to see you soon.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard San Jose Escazu

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Very nice and large rooms. Attentive staff, great breakfast with variety of fruits and typical food. Great internet service.
Located in a great area close to the biggest mall in San Jose and several restaurants.

1  Thank ghpBR
Adolfo_Carit, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Escazu, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

We are glad you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed our breakfast; in Costa Rica we are privileged to have fruits all the time and want to share them with our guests, we hope you also tried Gallo Pinto, one of our local favorites. Next time you visit San Jose we will be waiting for you.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have been down here for business for 8 days...the place is not theRitz, but very accommodating.. the staff are great and are very friendly.. the bartender. "Gabriel". Was great.... what a nice experience I had.. there are many restaurants within feet of the hotel. it has been a great place..I would definitely come back. The people in this country are especially nice. I would give this hotel a thumbs up!

Room Tip: Drinking in the hotel bar a bit expensive, two Nice bars across the street.. Take advantage there
2  Thank MikeYk839

Thank you very much for your review we appreciate it. We are very proud of our staff, they are the best!
Next time you visit our hotel take advantage of our 2x1 in local beer from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Me, an adventurous, young at heart, 80+ years old, and five companions decided on this hotel after reading the comments and personally contacting Mr. Adolfo-Carit, the general manager. We were not disappointed; the size of the hotel (not too big and overwhelming) and the personal communication and attention of the staff, made for an over the top stay. A great breakfast every morning, a special shout out to Gabriel and the other breakfast staff. We highly recommend the Courtyard San Jose Escazu in Costa Rica.

Room Tip: I would suggest requesting a room on the top floor in the back, away from highway, where you will en...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Barbara T

Thank you very much for your kind comments. It was really a pleasure having you here, we all enjoy with you and your friends. Please remember we are here you serve you, do not hesitate in contact us if need anything from beautiful Costa Rica.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

The hotel is currently under construction and the smell of paint and ether was tremendous. My room the first night was directly above the the area being worked on and the fumes gave me an instant headache. I requested that my room by moved but was told that they were unable to move it because the hotel was full. The room was immediately adjacent to the elevators, which was noisy, and likely the reason the fumes were so bad. The room as switched the second night, but I was put on the other side of the same hallway. Ridiculous. I was also disappointed with the breakfast buffet, as I waited a lengthy time to get service. In fact, I could have eaten and left and nobody would have known the difference. The internet connection service provider had blocks in place that would not allow me to connect to my company VPN, so I couldnt really get a connection that was needed for my business travel in either room. Just an overall poor experience, and its too bad for a hotel that has some good potential. Too many other options to think that I would be back. Thanks.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Fe2O3ez

We are sorry for the inconvenience our redo may cause you. Good news is that we finished the construction and our new lobby looks great, with spaces to relax, work and share with friends.
We are looking forward to see you back at the Courtyard by Marriott Escazu, so you can enjoy our new renovated lobby and bar.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard San Jose Escazu for one week and had a very enjoyable stay. The location of the hotel is great with plenty of nearby restaurants and a shopping mall all in walking distance. The hotel facilities were very nice and modernized. I was very pleased with my room - which faced away from traffic so noise was not a problem. Internet speed was sometimes slow, but overall OK. Breakfast was included and was quite enjoyable - I really enjoyed the Gallo Pinto which is a common Costa Rican dish of rice and beans. I was very pleased with my stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from road traffic.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TimMcG203

We are glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Escazu, not only because of our convenient location near to a variety of restaurants, shopping centers and office complex buildings, but also for our service. I hope to see you soon back in our hotel.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

The Courtyard by Marriott in San Jose is a great value - I paid a rate of less than 80$ per night and tehre's a great swimming pool, restaurant, parking facility and free Internet included. This is in a great neighborhood very close to the Multiplaza and some nice restaurants with Argetinian, Mexican, French, Suisse or an Outback restaurant in walking distance.
This hotel is absolutely clean with huge rooms, very nice beds and bedding with 5 pillows in a kind-size bed, flat screen TV and of course a/c. Very friendly service and a great value.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Elsa M
Adolfo_Carit, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Escazu, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you very much for you comments I will share them with our Housekeeping team, they feel proud when guests recognize their work. We are looking forward to see you next time you visit San Jose, Costa Rica.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Escazu
Wyndham Garden San Jose Escazu
Residence Inn San Jose Escazu
Hotel Alta Las Palomas
Hotel Alta Las Palomas
#2 of 14 in Escazu
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
Holiday Inn San Jose-Escazu
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jo...
#1 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen

Been to Courtyard San Jose Escazu? Share your experiences!