This was my third trip to Costa Rica and previously I stayed at the Courtyard. (See my October 2007 review) I decided to stay this time at the Marriott Costa Rica primarily because of the mostly rave reviews of this hotel on Trip Adviser, even though it was more expensive than the Courtyard. I was very disappointed. The room was dated, smelled musty and was not even as nice and clean as the Courtyard. After two days I got a reservation at the Courtyard for over $100 a nite less and moved. My wife likes the room at the Courtyard much better-the room is cleaner than Marriott and no smell. Also, the internet is free, not $15 a night. A big plus of the Courtyard is it is right next to an upscale shopping center where there is an Outback, Hooters, Argentinian, Cuban, Japanese, Italian and Tabas restaurants, upscale coffee house and a bar.
Remember, at the Courtyard you have access to CTT, a transportation company with very modern vans and responsible drivers. We hired one for $15 an hour (3 hour minimum) and went wherever we wanted. The driver was great to have while shopping in Downtown San Jose and chose a very nice restaurant Nuestras Tierras, with real Tico food. A good way to explore Costa Rica.
So if you are thinking of paying more money to stay at a more "upscale" resort I believe you will get more for your money at the Courtyard. I will definitely stay here when I come back again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located by Plaza Itskatzu, the Courtyard Escazu San Jose Costa Rica Hotel provides guests with a central location with quality accommodations and services that make business and leisure travel easy and relaxing while on a Costa Rica vacation. Spacious guest rooms feature Marriott's new bedding, free high-speed internet access and are tastefully decorated in colonial decor that reflect Costa Rica's distinctive cultural heritage and warm hospitality. This San Jose CR hotel is convenient for business travelers with a location that is near industrial parks, downtown businesses and corporate offices. When your meetings in Costa Rica are done, we are also within minutes of shopping and some of the best restaurants and nightlife in San Jose. If you are here on a relaxing Costa Rican vacation, you may also venture to nearby attractions such as Poas Volcano, rainforests and coffee plantation tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Marriott, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Courtyard San Jose Escazu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Marriott San Jose Escazu Hotel Escazu
- San Jose Courtyard
- Courtyard San Jose Escazu Costa Rica