“Pleasant stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Piracicaba, SP
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Very nice and large rooms. Attentive staff, great breakfast with variety of fruits and typical food. Great internet service.
Located in a great area close to the biggest mall in San Jose and several restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ghpBR
Adolfo_Carit, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Escazu, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
We are glad you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed our breakfast; in Costa Rica we are privileged to have fruits all the time and want to share them with our guests, we hope you also tried Gallo Pinto, one of our local favorites. Next time you visit San Jose we will be waiting for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have been down here for business for 8 days...the place is not theRitz, but very accommodating.. the staff are great and are very friendly.. the bartender. "Gabriel". Was great.... what a nice experience I had.. there are many restaurants within feet of the hotel. it has been a great place..I would definitely come back. The people in this country are especially nice. I would give this hotel a thumbs up!

Room Tip: Drinking in the hotel bar a bit expensive, two Nice bars across the street.. Take advantage there
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank MikeYk839
Thank you very much for your review we appreciate it. We are very proud of our staff, they are the best!
Next time you visit our hotel take advantage of our 2x1 in local beer from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm. We hope to see you soon.
Providence
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Me, an adventurous, young at heart, 80+ years old, and five companions decided on this hotel after reading the comments and personally contacting Mr. Adolfo-Carit, the general manager. We were not disappointed; the size of the hotel (not too big and overwhelming) and the personal communication and attention of the staff, made for an over the top stay. A great breakfast every morning, a special shout out to Gabriel and the other breakfast staff. We highly recommend the Courtyard San Jose Escazu in Costa Rica.

Room Tip: I would suggest requesting a room on the top floor in the back, away from highway, where you will en...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Barbara T
Thank you very much for your kind comments. It was really a pleasure having you here, we all enjoy with you and your friends. Please remember we are here you serve you, do not hesitate in contact us if need anything from beautiful Costa Rica.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is currently under construction and the smell of paint and ether was tremendous. My room the first night was directly above the the area being worked on and the fumes gave me an instant headache. I requested that my room by moved but was told that they were unable to move it because the hotel was full. The room was immediately adjacent to the elevators, which was noisy, and likely the reason the fumes were so bad. The room as switched the second night, but I was put on the other side of the same hallway. Ridiculous. I was also disappointed with the breakfast buffet, as I waited a lengthy time to get service. In fact, I could have eaten and left and nobody would have known the difference. The internet connection service provider had blocks in place that would not allow me to connect to my company VPN, so I couldnt really get a connection that was needed for my business travel in either room. Just an overall poor experience, and its too bad for a hotel that has some good potential. Too many other options to think that I would be back. Thanks.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Fe2O3ez
We are sorry for the inconvenience our redo may cause you. Good news is that we finished the construction and our new lobby looks great, with spaces to relax, work and share with friends.
We are looking forward to see you back at the Courtyard by Marriott Escazu, so you can enjoy our new renovated lobby and bar.
Morrow, Ohio
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard San Jose Escazu for one week and had a very enjoyable stay. The location of the hotel is great with plenty of nearby restaurants and a shopping mall all in walking distance. The hotel facilities were very nice and modernized. I was very pleased with my room - which faced away from traffic so noise was not a problem. Internet speed was sometimes slow, but overall OK. Breakfast was included and was quite enjoyable - I really enjoyed the Gallo Pinto which is a common Costa Rican dish of rice and beans. I was very pleased with my stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from road traffic.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TimMcG203
We are glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Escazu, not only because of our convenient location near to a variety of restaurants, shopping centers and office complex buildings, but also for our service. I hope to see you soon back in our hotel.
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The Courtyard by Marriott in San Jose is a great value - I paid a rate of less than 80$ per night and tehre's a great swimming pool, restaurant, parking facility and free Internet included. This is in a great neighborhood very close to the Multiplaza and some nice restaurants with Argetinian, Mexican, French, Suisse or an Outback restaurant in walking distance.
This hotel is absolutely clean with huge rooms, very nice beds and bedding with 5 pillows in a kind-size bed, flat screen TV and of course a/c. Very friendly service and a great value.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Elsa M
Adolfo_Carit, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Escazu, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you very much for you comments I will share them with our Housekeeping team, they feel proud when guests recognize their work. We are looking forward to see you next time you visit San Jose, Costa Rica.
Fort laude
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The sliding door in my room did not close properly so I had the noise of the busy roads all night long and the wind was blowing my curtains and making howling noise.
The maids in the morning slammed the doors and chatted loudly as early as 8:00 am...
The food for dinner was awful. I returned my quesadilla and left.
The personnel look like deers in a headlight most of the time..
Not a good experience nd not worth the money I spent.

Room Tip: Make sure your sliding door isolates your room from the incessant traffic.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Madeleine D
Adolfo_Carit, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Escazu, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and providing us with your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience we may caused during your stay. We hope you can give us a second chance in a future trip to San Jose. Thank you
Also consider these accommodations in or near Escazu
Wyndham Garden San Jose Escazu
Residence Inn San Jose Escazu
Hotel Alta Las Palomas
Hotel Alta Las Palomas
#2 of 15 in Escazu
Holiday Inn San Jose-Escazu
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose la Sabana

Been to Courtyard San Jose Escazu? Share your experiences!