“Centrally located...good business hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Courtyard San Jose Escazu
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Escazu
GreenLeadersBronze level
Weston, Florida
“Centrally located...good business hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Very good service, comfortable rooms....inside a shopping plaza with walking distance access to restaurants. Stayed for the 3rd or 4th time already, this is much better than older hotels like the Crown Plaza.

Room Tip: ask for a room in a top floor facing the back where there is the view of a river/creek...(you can he...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Miguel G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I travel to Costa Rica and always stay at this Courtyard when I'm in the San Jose area. Escazu is the newer, more recently developed area of the valley; its where quite a few of the very nice restaurants, shopping malls and businesses are now located.

The hotel was built with a "Tico" vibe and its recent mini-renovation continues the look. The rooms are standard Courtyard but with a Tico feel - and by "standard" I mean consistent, quality - you always know what you are getting. The little breakfast restaurant and bar areas are very nice but to be honest a 2 minute walk gets you everything from sushi to Argentinian to Italian and a 2 minute cab ride will get you even more! (with that said Hooters and Outback are right in front of the hotel - don't do it! Go someplace local!).

The gym is "decent" - standard Courtyard. The coffee service is of course great with Cafe Britt in the room and in the lobby.

The wireless works perfectly every time in my room and in the lobby.

I travel all the time, to lots of places and this is the hotel for me when I'm in the San Jose CR area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jennifer C
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

I used points with low expectations. We liked it so much we returned at the end of our trip. This new hotel could not be in a hotter area. Huge, amazing mall across the street, restaurants within walking distance. Great lobby, waterfalls within view of the rooms.

Room Tip: I would ask for top floor with room closest to the shopping center. Room facing away from the highw...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Clarkston, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I come to CR a few times a year on business. I have stayed at this hotel several times. I was disappointed because of the "old and tired" look it had. But they recently remodeled and the place looks awesome! The rooms are spectacular (I was upgraded to a suite...loved it). the A/C works fantastic...kept the place extremely cool. Flat screen TV's with numerous channels too. Nice gym. Free internet and free morning coffee! The next door plaza has several good restaurants and bars. Free shuttle service to the nearby mall. And the hotel is centrally located to many businesses. What more does a business person need... It is a great business persons hotel. This is not a family orientated hotel. It gears itself to the business person. On weekends the hotel is empty but on weekdays it can be hard to get a room at a decent price. If here on business...this is one of the hotels you should try!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mrmarutiak
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

OMG I could just stay at this hotel and never see the city.they have a nice driving range gym spa the food is the best.staff is so professional.believe it or not the hotel is very close to the airport but it is so quiet.their coffee grows right there on the property.

Room Tip: Request a corner room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sisters, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It was wide open with a beautiful landscape all around the hotel. They are even growing coffee beans on the driveway into the hotel. Bar and restiarant are expensive in the hotel... But to be expected. this hotel was near my work, not sure I would stay here for pleasure. Either way.... Great place!!!

• Stayed September 2012
Lawrenceville GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

I have stayed at this property since 2008 and I must admit they have made some nice changes. In the past I have had some bad experiences at this property. I can gladly stay I did not experience they types of problems I had experienced in the past.

Before I started my trip I was contacted by Andrea she asked me if I need anything else. When I arrived my requests were honored.

At the checking I was treated like a valued member and after a long trip that meant allot to me. I think the staff members name was Vivian she was great.

I did experience a health issues during my stay and the staff was great they seemed to genuinely care about my well-being and they should be commended for that. The housekeeping staff did an excellent job. At check-out made me feel like a valued customer.

The only things I would say can use improvements are the beds they are a bit too firm for my tastes. I also experienced some sporadic problems with the internet there. When I would use skype I would drop calls after 10 minutes or so.

The property is located within walking distance of several restaurants. There are security guards on site and in the plaza next door. There is also a big shopping mall close by (Multi Plaza Escazu). Its a very nice mall but you might be shocked by the prices.

I hope this help someone whom reads this and I wish you safe travels.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business