“Over the top”

Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Escazu
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Escazu
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 18, 2012

OMG I could just stay at this hotel and never see the city.they have a nice driving range gym spa the food is the best.staff is so professional.believe it or not the hotel is very close to the airport but it is so quiet.their coffee grows right there on the property.

Room Tip: Request a corner room
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It was wide open with a beautiful landscape all around the hotel. They are even growing coffee beans on the driveway into the hotel. Bar and restiarant are expensive in the hotel... But to be expected. this hotel was near my work, not sure I would stay here for pleasure. Either way.... Great place!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I have stayed at this property since 2008 and I must admit they have made some nice changes. In the past I have had some bad experiences at this property. I can gladly stay I did not experience they types of problems I had experienced in the past.

Before I started my trip I was contacted by Andrea she asked me if I need anything else. When I arrived my requests were honored.

At the checking I was treated like a valued member and after a long trip that meant allot to me. I think the staff members name was Vivian she was great.

I did experience a health issues during my stay and the staff was great they seemed to genuinely care about my well-being and they should be commended for that. The housekeeping staff did an excellent job. At check-out made me feel like a valued customer.

The only things I would say can use improvements are the beds they are a bit too firm for my tastes. I also experienced some sporadic problems with the internet there. When I would use skype I would drop calls after 10 minutes or so.

The property is located within walking distance of several restaurants. There are security guards on site and in the plaza next door. There is also a big shopping mall close by (Multi Plaza Escazu). Its a very nice mall but you might be shocked by the prices.

I hope this help someone whom reads this and I wish you safe travels.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This hotel was a pleasant surprise for our one night stay, traveling through San Jose. It's a pretty hotel located outside the city, with lovely grounds and good restaurants. The staff was very friendly and the restaurants offered delicious food options. There are 2 pools, which kept the kids happy. The hotel was clean and a nice way to begin our amazing Costa Rica trip!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed at the Courtyard the night before our flight. The deciding vote was the comp shuttle. The hotel is brand new. Great rooms, great hotel. Great fitness room. Staff was fabulous (wish I remembered front desk guy - he was very helpful). Utilize the chance to pay exit tax directly at the hotel - very convenient. The only downside is restaurants are not within walking distance yet.

Room Tip: New hotel so every room should be good.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DarylR1
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Typical Courtyard, but it's Costa Rica and that makes if BETTER! The staff from front desk to the housekeeping, these people like their jobs, friendly just does not say enough! You would never find this in the states. Big benifit, they still serve a fresh breakfast at this Courtyard vs. what they are now starting to offer at some US Courtyards. Rooms are large, well appointed, free wifi, Resturant is open all day, limited but great selection for evening menue if you want to stay in. Several resturants in 5 minute walk of hotel raging from typical steak n burger to Sushi & Argentian fare. Also a great ice cream shop nearby. Pool outside, never seen anyone in it in all my years staying here. Workout room standard equipment... Great gift shop and casual sit down bar/lounge area. Downside, this is a business hotel but they have move the business PCs to a small corner where all three PCs are crammed together, you have to stand to use them, if you are short - well tough! No chairs to si at to use the PCs. It would be easy to have all three along the wall there at, at desk height with chairs so those having laptop problems or traveling with tablets or in need of a printer do no have to stand squeezed in a small corner fighting for desk space. Did I forget, there's a Hugh shopping Mall across road from the Courtyard, the best un Central America!

Room Tip: Business or leisure travel to Costa Rica, you can't go wrong with the Courtyard Escazu
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Excellent Looking, good dinning choices around. Proximity to large upscale mall, MultiPlaza.
Rooms are comfortable for what you are paying. Location is excellent on major highway. Good Breakfast as well. Wireless internet works perfect. Good Coffee and nice small store in hotel lobby.

Room Tip: High Floor, away from elevators, choose pool view, less noise at night!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Escazu
Wyndham Garden San Jose Escazu
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
Holiday Inn San Jose-Escazu
Residence Inn by Marriott San Jose Escazu
Residence Inn by Marriott San Jo...
#1 of 3 in San Rafael de Escazu
Hotel Alta Las Palomas
Hotel Alta Las Palomas
#3 of 13 in Escazu
Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall

Been to Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Escazu? Share your experiences!