We stayed with 4 friends on August 2010 (booked 2 rooms).
The hotel is located in a plaza-like site, with restaurant and shops (there is a Hooters right in front of the hotel). There is a major shopping mall about 200 m, but if you go on foot you will have to cross the highway, which can be a bit dangerous (there are no crossing points for pedestrians). Since we were 25-35, we had no problem. The downside of the location is that you are not properly in San Jose, so if you want to go to the city it's about a 20 min ride in cab ($5-$25 depending on the service).
They have an exterior pool in a small but nice area and a gym, which we didn't use.
The rooms are very comfortable, with a big bathromm, flatscreen tv, air conditioner, coffe machine, small fridge, etc. It also has a balcony from which you can see the pool. The beds are so comfortable that sometimes i didn't want to wake up at all!
The staff was very friendly and provided us with all the information of sites to see.
In fact, since we made 2 bookings (the first was friday-sunday and the next one was for the next saturday), but had to cancel the last one the same saturday of our second stay, the hotel told us that they had to charge the stay because of their cancellation policy (both rooms), but somehow after explaining the situation, they finally told us that they wouldn't charge us at all!
I would definetely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located by Plaza Itskatzu, the Courtyard Escazu San Jose Costa Rica Hotel provides guests with a central location with quality accommodations and services that make business and leisure travel easy and relaxing while on a Costa Rica vacation. Spacious guest rooms feature Marriott's new bedding, free high-speed internet access and are tastefully decorated in colonial decor that reflect Costa Rica's distinctive cultural heritage and warm hospitality. This San Jose CR hotel is convenient for business travelers with a location that is near industrial parks, downtown businesses and corporate offices. When your meetings in Costa Rica are done, we are also within minutes of shopping and some of the best restaurants and nightlife in San Jose. If you are here on a relaxing Costa Rican vacation, you may also venture to nearby attractions such as Poas Volcano, rainforests and coffee plantation tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Escazu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Marriott San Jose Escazu Hotel Escazu
- Courtyard San Jose Escazu
- San Jose Courtyard
- Courtyard By Marriott San Jose Escazu Costa Rica