“Very good caprese starter & tuna main”

Restaurante Pescatore
Ranked #4 of 175 Restaurants in Escazu
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Pescatore Restaurant is focused on providing recipes where creativity and originality are the highlights, fusing peruvian and Mediterranean cuisine. A truly new and unique experience. The restaurant is owned by Peruvian chef Regis Molina, Le Cordon Bleu graduate, with extensive experience in Costa Rica. Finally note the open kitchen, large windows and the ability to eat outdoors. Hope to see you soon !
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Had to have dinner alone one evening & walked from the Real Intercontinental. Nice walk & good for the appetite.
Had a nice Pinot Gris with caprese followed by a well prepared peppered tuna. Generous portion and fresh.
Topped off by an excellent expresso.
Very good service based on my partial Spanish & the waiters partial English

Reviewed February 2, 2014

My wife and I had a really nice meal here in late January. We were staying in Atenas and had driven into Escazu to explore. After the meal and a 60 min drive back to Atenas due to two accidents, I opened the back door of the car and immediately realized I had left our new Nikon 7100 w 18-200 asf lens hanging on the back of my chair. With a sinking feeling in my stomach I found the number for the restaurant and called. The owner (Juan I believe but I am incredibly and with names so if I'm wrong here, please forgive me) immediately got on the phone and said that het had the camera and I could come back at my convenience to retrieve it. We were traveling early the next day so I asked if it was possible to get it that night and he said "don't worry, take your time, we'll be here cleaning the place and you can come whenever you get here."

There was another accident on the way back (no joke—CR is notorious for auto accidents!) but we made it and the camera was returned with much warmth and a big smile.

This could have been a disaster as we had a week left in our trip—I'm extremely grateful to the owner and staff (our waiter was a total pleasure during our meal BTW, offering great advice and speaking English that put my Spanish to shame.His name was Roman—or maybe not given my memory for names!) My heartfelt thanks guys!

If you are ever around Escazu you can count on a great meal and warm experience at Pescatore!

1  Thank exxtreem
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Me and my father stayed at the Holiday Inn Escazu and this restaurant was about a three minute drive away. We called to reserve because it was a Friday night and we we're happy that we did. Excellent food and great service. If you like seafood I would highly recommend this location. My father and I had multiple sea bass dishes and it was excellent!

1  Thank Kyle M
Reviewed December 22, 2013

they serve also some meat dishes for those who don't want to have fish; all of us (4 people) choose for fish and we were very happy.
We will return in the future.

1  Thank babar62
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

I expected more about this restaurant but its a normal food..ok the quality and ok the prices.the place its not a waw..but the service its ok again

1  Thank danilolara