“would go again”

Restaurante Pescatore
Ranked #4 of 176 Restaurants in Escazu
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Pescatore Restaurant is focused on providing recipes where creativity and originality are the highlights, fusing peruvian and Mediterranean cuisine. A truly new and unique experience. The restaurant is owned by Peruvian chef Regis Molina, Le Cordon Bleu graduate, with extensive experience in Costa Rica. Finally note the open kitchen, large windows and the ability to eat outdoors. Hope to see you soon !
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stopped here due reviews on TA and cuz Pescatore was next to our hotel--after an hour in insane San Jose traffic! Staff and service were outstanding; our waiter explained all options in clear English and wanted to accommodate us. When I asked questions, he made suggestions that were on par with what I was seeking (to avoid due to allergies). Apparently, I ordered two entrees cuz he asked how hungry I was...and then offered to combine the two entrees into one. I ordered the salmon (think it was salmon pescatore), and I always prefer very rare salmon, and this was perfect with an excellent sauce (on the side) and grilled veggies. Wow! Husband didn't fare so well. The kind waiter explained the sauce options for the tuna dish and again suggested one that sounded good. The decision was well done grilled tuna that the chef didn't cook well enough despite sending it back once. The waiter was apologetic and offered free dessert, but we passed on that since we were too tired. We both would still recommend this restaurant and may return again while in Escazu. Total cost including 2 large bottles of Pellegrino, two entrees, and tip was $70US.

1  Thank ebunnyg

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Enjoyed what was probably my favorite dinner in Costa Rica. Sat in a nice outdoor patio and started with appetizers which were great favorites at our table were the beef and salmon carpaccio which were so amazingly thin. Also the ceviche was tender and flavorful and served with this mouse of sweet yams that was a great compliment to the mariscos dinner was hot and our dishes ranged from squid ink risotto with calamari ,tuna ,ceviche and corvina all of which were incredible
The service started a bit slow but they were willing to please and brought some complimentary dishes as well
Dessert was visually very appealing and all were great.
Hope to return this trip

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Nice menu combination ... Peruvian and Italian dishes all in one place with the right quality. Ceviches Peruvian are the best in Costa Rica, Risottos and Pastas are outstanding. Service is fast and frendly.

1  Thank SBV7
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I had been on this restaurant twice and I liked a lot, the ceviche, the octopus the place is very clean and the service its great!

1  Thank flashmelendez
Reviewed September 20, 2013

My husband and I dined there for lunch after an EPA shopping trip to purchase misc items for our home. So we were worn out and needed some TLC which we immediately received from our waiter Sergio. I am an arugula lover and this salad with the shrimp was to die for! Just enough wonderful dressing and succulent grilled shrimp. My husband enjoyed the salmon caprese, which was an enticing presentation.
We can't wait to go for dinner and try the Veal Osso Buco! Superior attention and staff!

1  Thank PamelaOlive