“Great food, great service”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #26 of 164 Restaurants in Escazu
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Outback Steakhouse is an Australian themed steakhouse restaurant. Although beef and steak items make up a good portion of the menu, the concept offers a variety of chicken, ribs, seafood, and pasta dishes.
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I have been a client of Outback Escazú, in San José, Costa Rica, for many years. Every time I want to have a good piece of meat I take the time to go there. But they also have some other dishes I like a lot, like the shrimps with coconut, special for a good appetizer, or the desserts with ice cream they serve. My son is very happy always we go there because they have a singular touch for children. It is a must while in San José, specially if you are staying in a hotel in the west side of the city, like the Intercontinental, the Courtyard, the Residence Inn or some others in that area.

• Visited April 2014

Quepos, Costa Rica
“No service”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I went in and there were few people dining so service should have been good. The two ladies at the front were more interested in private discussions and finally sat me at a booth. After 10 minutes waiting for service staff to take some kind of order... drink, appie or main, I left. When I walked by the two ladies again on my way out, they did even lift there head to ask me if anything was wrong... Not acceptable.

Visited March 2014
Jacó, Puntarenas, Costa Rica
“Lunch at Outback”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The service was very good.
Actually had the best unsweetened iced tea I have had at a restaurant
in the 3 years I have lived in Costa Rica,
Our food was served promptly and hot and the quality was good. Not sure if the fajitas were quite what we expected, but my pasta dish with chicken was really good

• Visited September 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Our only Steak while in Costa Rica”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Party of four with friends in Costs Rica. This is close to the same as the others I have visited in the states. The steaks are good quality and the service was good. My Filet Mignon steak was cooked more on the rare side, so, if you like medium rare ask for medium. The steak was still good on the rare side and the other steaks were cooked close to as ordered "medium was more like medium to medium rare".

This is not a cheap place to eat due to the 10% service charge and the 13% tax, so, you may get sticker shock when you receive the bill. We ordered 3 Filet Mignon steaks one New York a Bloomin’ Onion for our appetizer four beers and one margarita. The total was $226 USD minus the 23% tax and service charge "around $52 USD" equals $174 USD or around $44 USD per person.

I don't really favor the Outback Steakhouse in the states due to the steaks are rarely cooked to order. At 7PM this OutBack was not even busy on a Friday night which was the clue it's not a very popular place in the area.

I graded this as average due to the steaks are overpriced for the quantity (the steaks are smaller than in the States) for a higher price and were not all cooked as ordered. The restroom was out of paper towels, so, I went to the family restroom to dry my hands after using the restroom.

I would not go out of my was to visit this OutBack Steakhouse again.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank 935brianp
“Too expensive”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Outback in Costa Rica has nothing to do with the one in the US
Steack are smaller and over cooked. I had to send back my food location is ok easy to park
Too pricy for what it is
You get more for your money
At other chain restaurant in Escazu like TGIF for exemple