“Costa Rica Trip Feb 2013”

Travel Around Costa Rica Transportation and Guides
Ranked #1 of 6 Tours in Escazu
More attraction details
Owner description: Hi! Travel Around Costa Rica it's what I have done for the last 25 years, first as a Nature Interpreter (tour guide) bringing all this experience in hand 10 years ago I started Travel Around Costa Rica a Tour Operator that covers the needs for authentic Costa Rican experiences, our customized tours will for sure allow you to interact and definitely get to know the Ticos (Costaricans) in a special way.Let me take you to the areas that are seriously off the beaten path and show you the real deal
Edmonton, Canada
“Costa Rica Trip Feb 2013”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We contacted Orlando Vargas in Mid January to do a trip in Costa Rica that we wanted to do in mid Feb. We had given him a tentative outline of our plans of what we wanted to do while in CR. He was able to accommodated all our needs and provide valuable alternatives beyond our expectations. He also made effort to accommodate our vegetarian meals needs. He is very professional and knowledgeable on Costa Rica and provided us with lots information to make our trip an awesome experience. He was punctual and always kept us informed on a daily basis as to what the plans were for the day. He has great sense of humour and certainly enjoys what he does. He remembered our wish list ( such as we want to coconut water, mangoes and cassava!) He also took care of replacing our luggage that was damaged by the airlines.
This was holiday beyond out expectation and the credit goes to Orlando and his dedication to his job. Thanks again Orlando.

Visited February 2013
Orlandovargas, Owner at Travel Around Costa Rica Transportation and Guides, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Hi!
Thank you so much for a great review! it was certainly a pleasure traveling with you all and having the chance to learn so much about your beautiful culture, I hope to have you back to Costa Rica soon and show you a different part of our Natural Paradise
Orlando Vargas

Indiana
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Public Buses”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Two grandmothers just spent a month in Costa Rica. We traveled public buses starting in San Jose to Grecia, Sarchi, Alajueia, Monteverde, Arenal, La Fortuna, Cludad Quesada, Limon, Cahuita and back to Grecia. Found everyone friendly and helpful at each bus stop. Even had one young man come out from behind the counter to make sure we were on the right bus. We never felt uncomfortable or concerned anywhere we went. My one advice would be use common sense and if you don't know Spanish just write it down and show it to someone and they will get you where you want to go. Many times we were walked to the bus location by someone just going by asking us if we need help.

Visited January 2013
Linden, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly recommended! Easy and reliable.”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I contacted Orlando Vargas about a week before my trip and he was able to accommodate several transfers within the country for a group of ten. He was a pleasure to communicate with and was very responsive via email. The cost was not the cheapest, but still reasonable. I was also impressed with the driver. He was punctual and pleasant. I had to provide a credit card to hold the reservation, but was not charged until I arrived in the country. A+ service and reliability.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank EddieC104
Orlandovargas, Owner at Travel Around Costa Rica Transportation and Guides, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review!
We were more than happy to provide you with our services, clients like you make our job easier and fun!
Thank you again Amigo!
Orlando Vargas
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Without reservation - the BEST !!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

It's been six months since we were thankfully in Orlando's most capable hands - and the memories are still as fresh and joyful as if it was yesterday. I agree with all the accolades noted below, but for me, I think the best reason to consider using Orlando is that he took out ALL of the stress (or what could have been / probably would have been stress) out of our vacation and left us with nothing but GREAT memories of wonderful countryside, beautiful beaches, incredible zip-lining, no stress dining, and much appreciated insight into the history, fauna & flora, geography/geology and wonderful people of Costa Rica. Before I plan my next return visit to Costa Rica, my first step will be to check in with Orlando to be sure I'm on HIS calendar !! Thanks Orlando - you are THE BEST !!

Visited July 2012
Orlandovargas, Manager at Travel Around Costa Rica Transportation and Guides, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Well Hello!!
Thank you sooooo Much for your kind review, I was more than happy to share our Country with you!
Orlando
Annapolis
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“biking vacation with VBT - biked down the volcano, rafted on the river, soaked in the hot springs, zip line”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

got to see the real Costa Rica and meet the people - biking in Costa Rica is the best way to see the central part

Visited October 2012