“Fantastic Service !”

Travel Around Costa Rica Transportation and Guides
Ranked #1 of 6 Tours in Escazu
More attraction details
Owner description: Hi! Travel Around Costa Rica it's what I have done for the last 25 years, first as a Nature Interpreter (tour guide) bringing all this experience in hand 10 years ago I started Travel Around Costa Rica a Tour Operator that covers the needs for authentic Costa Rican experiences, our customized tours will for sure allow you to interact and definitely get to know the Ticos (Costaricans) in a special way.Let me take you to the areas that are seriously off the beaten path and show you the real deal
Cincinnati, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Service !”
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I have been using Orlando's transportation services for over 4 years and he has never
let me down. Always on time with a great personality and loads of information.
I have not been on any of his tours yet but hope to join him in the future. Many of my
neighbors in the development that I have a house in have used Orlando and have
been very happy with his guided tours and strongly recommend his company.
Howard Swartz
Cincinnati, Ohio

Visited December 2010
1 Thank howardswartz
Orlandovargas, Manager at Travel Around Costa Rica Transportation and Guides, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Thank you so much! I would be more than glad to show you around.
Hope to have you back in Paradise soon

Newport Beach, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Orlando Vargas is the BOMB for Costa Rica”
Reviewed May 24, 2011

Orlando Vargas at travelaroundcostarica.com is an incredible resource for vacations in Costa Rica! Orlando has handled all my travel plans with my family for many years from the most basic requests to high level VIP packages.

I trust him and his communication abilities are second to none as he speaks fluent English.

My family has learned many things about the Costa Rican culture, nature and customs through his tutilage.

He is great with families and has chaperoned my teenagers many times if I chose not to participate in certain activities.

If you are looking for a one stop shop for your Costa Rica vacation plans I would highly recommend Orlando Vargas!

Visited April 2011
1 Thank Webski
Orlandovargas, Gerente at Travel Around Costa Rica Transportation and Guides, responded to this review, October 28, 2011
Thank you !
It has been always great to travel with you, your family and dearest friends, we hope to see you again soon and show you other beatiful parts of our Country!
Orlando
Wilmington, Delaware
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply the best”
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I've been traveling regularly to Costa Rica over the past twenty years. On most occasions, I hired the services of a naturalist guide and driver. About fourteen years ago Orlando Vargas was our guide. From that point on, I've never, ever used anyone except Orlando and Travel Around Costa Rica. I've found his services, prices, knowledge and personality second to none. Anyone can do a typical walking tour thru the rain forest, however, not everyone can make that rain forest come alive in front of your very eyes. I've never been more amazed at his vast knowledge. After each day, he leaves you thirsting to see and learn more. All this is combined with thrills and adventure.
So if you're looking for a trip where you can see macaws, toucans, quetzals, monkeys, sloths...the best local dining establishments, you want R&R on the best beaches, adventure...and lots of laughs, you've found the right Tour Company, Travel Around Costa Rica and the right person, Orlando Vargas. I've recommended to him many family, friends and colleages and everyone has been wowed with the trip he's created for them.

Visited November 2010
1 Thank gpgerace
Orlandovargas, Manager at Travel Around Costa Rica Transportation and Guides, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear Friend!
Thank you so much for all these years of great business from you , we are more than happy to take care of your dear clients and friends and will always be here for you.
Thank you for the great Review as well.
Yours Truly:
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“An amazing trip to Costa Rica with a great guide”
Reviewed February 21, 2011

We found Orlando at the very last minute (while waiting in Atlanta to catch a flight to San Jose, CR). We were debating whether we should do a private car and we finally decided to and luckily for us Orlando had a last minute cancellation.

Orlando was with us for 6 days traveling in and around San Jose, Arenal, and Jaco. We had an amazing experience and our memories of CR wouldn't be half as memorable without him. Orlando really got us interested in bird watching and we ended up with some fabulous pictures of animals/birds from the different parks we visited. He has all the fancy gear and knows what to look for and where, so it makes it easy as a tourist. Orlando knows the best local stuff and isn't a pushy guide – a memorable experience was shopping at the small store on the way down from Poas. We even experienced Chorreada's at the corn only restaurant around Alajuela. Being foodies, we ate at all the small restaurants that most tourists wouldn't dare and we have Orlando to thank for that. Our six days of travel were very comfortable in his large van – the flexibility of having a private car/guide was awesome, especially given that we were traveling with a 2-year old and we could do what we wanted, when we wanted. Our son fell in love with Orlando and still asks about "Mr Orlando". We'd highly recommend Orlando – a reasonable way to see the best that CR has to offer with a personable, genuine, and fun local.

Visited December 2010
2 Thank FoodieNick
Orlandovargas, Manager at Travel Around Costa Rica Transportation and Guides, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Hi! I'm sorry it took so long to Thank you for the great review and for your business I love the way it all worked out for us at the very last minute, thank you for calling me and for giving me the chance to show you around our Country I loved it and will for sure be glad to take you guys on a different adventure around our Country
Best
Orlando
Albany, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Private driver - guided tours”
Reviewed January 31, 2011

We just returned from an incredible trip to Costa Rica. It was all made possible by our tour guide and driver, Orlando Vargas from travelaroundcostarica.com. We wanted to see a lot of the country, but were nervous about driving.. Orlando emailed us beforehand, and found out the kind of hotels and attractions we were interested in. He then sent us a full itinerary. From the moment he met us at the airport to the day we left, he was extremely friendly and professional. We traveled from San Jose, to the Arenal Volocano area which was gorgeous. We then went on to Playa Conchal and Los Suenos. Every day was different and exciting. Orlando is extremely knowledgeable and pointed out many things we would never have seen on our own. He is also an expert bird watcher. We would highly recommend him to anyone traveling to Costa Rica, which truly is paradise!!

6 Thank suegro21
Orlandovargas, Manager at Travel Around Costa Rica Transportation and Guides, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Hola!
Just wanted to thank you for your candid Review on our services!
It was so nice to show you a piece of our Country and just hope to see you here some time soon!
Best Regards