“Worst service ever given by its very own owner”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Waffle Place

The Waffle Place
Ranked #6 of 6 Dessert in Escazu
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: phone 506 2288-0880
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Worst service ever given by its very own owner”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Went there with my parents for Mother's Day, and my parents sat at the only available table that still needed cleaning. Owner walks out, tells us "relax, no one is going to steal the table" and tells my parents to get up. I tell him that no one should tell a customer to relax and that the table can be cleaned with them sitting down. After arguing with me about it, he leaves and his father walks out. I ask him, still willing to eat there, for their FB or Twitter account. Father of the owner tells me to be very careful with what I write, since his son is a lawyer. It sounded like a threat that no customer should ever have to put up with..specially not for the mediocre waffles described in the other comments posted here.

• Visited August 2013
8 Thank szorrilla

Escazu, Costa Rica
“Slow service cold hard waffles”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

The menu looks great but didn't hold up. Not the best service either, very slow took 20 for our drinks another 15 for the bill. Hard cold waffles. Don't think I will be back and if I do I will try the crepe.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank cabobunny
Escazu, Costa Rica
“Decent waffles, but slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

Waffles are the centerpiece of the menu with a large variety of fixings (fruit, maple syrup, nutella, etc.). Beyond waffles they have other breakfast itesm, but the waffles are the star dish.

Decor is simple. Part of a strip mall. On weekday mornings the street can be busy, but on weekends it's less congested.

The staff is a little slow and not well organized. If the place is more than half full, expect long waits for basic steps (getting your drinks, getting your bill). And it's not that they lack staff, there's just no urgency.

• Visited February 2012