“The view is absolutely Amazing!!”
Review of Hotel Linda Vista

Hotel Linda Vista
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Escazu
Reviewed January 30, 2013

For the cost of $50.00 a night it was more than worth it!! The view overlooking the city of San Jose from this hotel is absolutely amazing! The staff was very friendly and very attentive to whatever we needed. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. We even told our friends that live in Cartago and they will most likely try to spend a night or two up there just for a little get away.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sharklover2
There are newer reviews for Hotel Linda Vista

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have never lodged at an establishment Like this one where every one from The Owner Raul right down to every member of his staff did so much to make me comfortable. They asked if I had any special needs I had a couple and they tended to them cheerfully and at no additional charge. Julia (whom I would Nominate for Maid of the year if such a title exists) and the other maids not only cleaned the room but sanitized and deodorized every day. The Chef was masterful not only Creating dishes that I could eat after my surgery but he made delicious them as well. The view of San Jose is awesome. The Hotel itself immaculate. But I must reiterate the It is the people that make this Inn among the best places That I have ever stayed.

Room Tip: The north facing Rooms have the best view.
Reviewed January 21, 2013

the only thing nice about this hotel is the view, no pool, no spa at all, bussines center is one computer, ugly and not clean rooms, worst breakfast ever, taxis wont go to the hotel after 18:00 affraid of being robbed

Room Tip: stay away fron this hotel
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Felipe L
Raul C, General Manager at Hotel Linda Vista, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Felipe,

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry your experience was not a pleasant one.
We have review your comments and found that you had left the do not disturb sign on your door therefore housekeeping informed us that after seeing it, they did no clean the room following our policy of not disturbing the guests whe the sign is hanging on the door. We sincerily regret that misunderstanding
We do have a small swiming pool. We do not have a Spa. But upon request we do offer pedicure, manicure, and masage. We do have for our guest a computer and printer in the lobby for their convenience
The breakfast is continental and complementary. Guest can order breakfast from the menu at a cost.
San Jose, as any big city, has some problems with crime, but this is not Mexico City,we have never heard that taxis are afraid to drive to the Hotel. This is basically a very safe area.
We are making changes to improve the quality and service we provide. We thank you for your comments.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Don't know where to start.Suppose to be a nine day stay, left as fast as i could the next morning.Lets start with dirty, bad area,no one spoke english, the room was a joke, small , smelled awfull.I almost started crying laying on the bed.Honestly this place makes a motel 6 in the states look like a Hilton.Just decided to leave as quickly as possible and knew of a slightly more expensive resort which was absolutely incredible.I'm not over stating that this place should be condemmed it's that disgusting, all because i was saving 15 dollars a night.Just want people to be warned.

1  Thank downtown100
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Having stayed in the Multiplaza area of Escazu, I wanted something a little more quiet and away from the hustle and bustle of Escazu. The Best Western Paradise Inn was the perfect solution. The views over downtown San Jose are incredible - both during the day and at night when the lights are laid out at your feet. The staff made every effort to make me feel welcome and were very friendly.

Right up front, this is not a five star hotel (but then the prices aren't five start either). The rooms are very clean, comfortable, and well maintained. The property is also maintained well. While there aren't a lot of restaurants within easy walking distance, the hotel restaurant serves a light breakfast (complementary - boiled eggs, coffee, juice, toast, fresh fruit, cereal, and yogurt), lunch, and dinner. The lunch and dinners are well prepared, a nice variety menu, well presented, and good portions - and the prices are very reasonable.

The only downside is that the hotel isn't easy to locate - either use a GPS or call and get turn by turn directions (not unusual for any driving in Costa Rica). I spoke with one couple staying at the hotel that had wandered for over 3 hours looking for the hotel (I would have given up and asked for help after 1 hour).

The combination of a quiet, relaxing location, rooms are clean and comfortable, friendly staff, decent restaurant on property makes this a good value for the money. The views are priceless.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms 16 through 28 have incredible views and a shared patio with chairs to enjoy look...
2  Thank Ron J
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I booked Best Western Paradise Inn & Spa for the last 3 days of my holidays in Costa Rica with the idea of having a quiet, peaceful place to get myself ready for the work afterwards. Indeed sitting in front of the window of my room was such a visual luxury. I very much agree with lots of reviews here about the friendly staff - they care about visitors!
Special thanks to Raul for a ride to Escazú so I can save some bucks for my errands in the city. Bryan for helping with the taxi arrangement and other requests. I forget the name of the chef but his casado and chicken sandwich are AWESOME!
One thing for others to consider is the location. It is a bit of remote to San José downtown, so it's worthwhile to take this into account when arranging activities.
Costa Rica is such a beautiful country that I'll come again. When I come, I'll book this hotel, too!

Room Tip: Join the Best Western Rewards to get an upgrade, which has a better view of the city from your room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Raul C, Owner at Hotel Linda Vista, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Here at BW Paradise Inn we look forward for costumer satisfaction. We want our guests to feel at home. We also value any feedback provided to us as it help us only to improve for the best.
Thank you for your review.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Our visit to the BEST WESTERN Paradise Inn & Spa located in Escazu ,was a trully unique peacefull & relaxing expierence, like no other in Costa Rica,our first experience was at the counter with Bryan make us fell welcome,with such a friendly smile ,all the time,took the time to explain all that is available ,T & C of hotel policy,offer us something to drink,walk us to the room,then later at the evening, for Dinner he greed us again at the restaurant ,he introduce us with the Chef Aris, that also was very friendly and smiling all the time ,the grill chicken was was tender, the vegetables were fresh,my wife loved the Italian lasagna ,nothing like tradditional Costa Rican breakfast ..the views of San Jose and other provinces are like no other,we would come back here...thank you.!!

Room Tip: the view ,just the view
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple