“It was Paradise”
Review of Hotel Linda Vista

Hotel Linda Vista
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Escazu
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Just returned from Costa Rica and I stayed at Paradise Cosmetic Inn. I just read one of
the reviews and had to answer this. I have never written a review before.
I had a wonderful stay at Paradise. They were waiting for me when I got off of the plane.
The driver was very nice and then we pulled up to a beautiful retreat. The lobby blew me
away, it was beautiful and overlooked an amazing view of the whole valley, rainforest,
and was even better at night seeing the lights of San Jose.
I staff were so sweet, some of my favorites were Leo, ready to help me with taxis, info
on banking, etc. My nurse Juanita knew just what I needed and the maid Julie was so
sweet. I appreciate all of the great staff and Raul the owner who takes an interest in each
guest.
My doctors were very impressed with my recovery and told me I must have had excellent
care....yes I did. I am happy to report that this is a place to feel safe and cared for after
your surgery. I stayed there for two weeks in June and wished I could have stayed longer.
One very happy patient!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank rosie22293

Reviewed June 13, 2011

this place is not what they advertise, no shuttle, no spa, no restaurant, they have a very friendly lady who cooks there home made food, rice and beans, the kitchen closes at 8:00 pm, no food or drinks after that time, they have a vending machine with soda if you want to drink something at night, no lounge, no pool, there is a strong smell coming out of the pipes in the bathroom, rooms smell bad, there is nothing to do there but watch tv. first two days i was there there was no electricity, for the 5 days i was there the place was empty no guests, i wonder why, i couldnt wait to get out of this place it was a really bad experience i love CR, been there a few times never had a bad experience in a hotel and this was my first. and i will never go back to this place no matter how cheap it is. it is not worth it. it ruined my time there .

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank alma182
Reviewed April 9, 2011

My wife and I stated at the hotel on April 6th. We travel to C.R. about once a year. On this trip we where in C.R. for 9 days. We stayed in several different hotels while traveling the country. Our best decision was staying in Paridise on our last day. It was only 25 minutes from the airport and easy to get to. It is gatted with good security. When we arrived the owner greeted us and was very friendly. The room was very clean and the view of San Jose was one I have never seen in all our travels. All the staff were helpful and friendly. I could not believe the rates where so low. I hope they stay low cause we'll be back for a much longer stay next year. Also free calls in C.R. or U.S. WOW

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony over San Jose
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dazaper
Reviewed April 1, 2011

I stayed at paradise inn before and after surgery. The staff always went out of their way to check on me and make my stay one of a kind. The view is like no other, and the tranquility is uncomparable. If rest and relaxation is what you're looking for... There is nowhere else to go in San Jose. The food was always delicious, and served with a smile. The rooms were spotless and the showers nice and hot, unlike other hotels in the area. People say the hotel is hard to find because it is nestled in the mountain tops, but any smart traveller would know to carry the hotels phone number. The taxi drivers are happy to call for directions. It may seem out of the way, but it's so worth it and taxis are very cheap compared to the U.S and Canada. There are also public busses which run regularly and cost next to nothing. The hotel is very secure, and gated. However, everything is San Jose is gated! There isn't a high crime rate in the the city... Just smaller petty thefts like you would find in any big city. I went for walks in the day and at night around the hills and to the store down the hill. I didn't once question my safety. The people of costa rica are very friendly and happy to help, just like all the staff at Paradise Inn. My stay was remarkable, and the other guests I had encountered who hadnt been there for a recovery stay were quite pleased with the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff! Now that I've left I sincerely miss my little costa rican family at paradise inn.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Jenwhelan
Reviewed February 13, 2011

I stayed 6 nights & loved it.IF you want ( PEACE & QUITE ) This is the place were you need to stay.The Mountain (*>*) VIEW (*<*) at night is Breath taking of ( San Jose) from the hotel.I ate thier Breakfast-Lunch-Dinner every day & it was ( Excelent food ) with good price.The nights are cool you need a jacket. The rooms are very clean & modern. ( The staff is excellent for help ) Raul & Dunia go out of their way for you (*<*)(*>*) ITS a very safe place to stay.PS Dunia I want to thank you from my (*>*) HEART (*<*) for helping me get on my feet. The PLANT you put on my feet got RID of my (*>*) SPURS (*<*) in 3 days.No more (*>*) PAIN (*<*) THANK YOU ( AKA) CHEECH (wayne) michigan Feb 4- 2011 to Feb 10-2011

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cheech007
Reviewed December 8, 2010

This hotel is perfect if you are looking for peace and quiet. It is off the beaten path on the side of a mountain with a picture perfect view of the san jose valley. Dunia and Raul and the staff are as friendly and helpful as anyone can be. There IS a restaurant and if you dont like that there is a bar across the street that will serve some local fare for dinner. The bus stop is only 100 yards down the hill, 50 cents to get downtown. They have a bar downstairs with karaoke, but basically this place is peace and quiet.This place would be perfect for a night or two of relaxing or recuperating. Do NOT stay here if you want the hustle and bustle of the city 24/7 or you will be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank pistolpete7383
Reviewed November 1, 2010

Booked this after the good reviews but was shocked at how bad it was. The services advertised on the best western site were not available, the shuttle was not available, the spa was not available, there was no restraunt facility.

I doubt the genuineness of some reviews of this hotel because of the massive difference in promised services and what was on offer.

One member of staff was helpful. The rest were terrible.

• Stayed: October 2010