Over the past 12 months, my family and I have stayed at this hotel for over 2 months. This a relatively new property with a staff that strives to deliver good service. Please note that if you book even number rooms with lower numbers (i.e. 202, 204, 206, 302, 304, etc.), your window will face a giant parking lot that gets full frequently and thus you will have little to no privacy. You can close the shades but then you won’t get natural light.
Conveniently situated in a new area called Avenida Escazu - the hotel provides easy walking to a few high-end restaurants, a food court with Western fast food chains, a brand new Starbucks directly across the street (although the lines here snake slowly out the door in the afternoons and evenings), an IMAX theater, and the CIMA hospital complex. A shuttle provides service to the fancy Multiplaza shopping mall which is maybe a couple minutes away. One possible downside is that this hotel is located in a very popular entertainment district so it does get crowded often, especially in the evenings and on weekends. At times, you may experience lots of traffic.
We stayed in a standard room which is a 1 bedroom with a kitchen. The room was clean and comfortable although the pillows were a bit too soft and small. The kitchen did have basic pots & pans along with utensils in case you were inclined to cook some basic meals. However, a buffet breakfast is available every morning and while the food is decent, it did get quickly tiring due to a lack of variety. Dinner encompassing different cuisines such as Costa Rican, Chinese, Mexican are available on some evenings.
There is a small gym with the latest workout equipment. The small pool was consistently cold so we never used it. Besides the gym, the options for exercise are quite limited as running on the streets is not advisable.
This hotel provides a great value and its location is great for business or pleasure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the comforts of a extended-stay at the Residence Inn San Jose Escazu. Surrounded by activity in San Jose, Costa Rica, your after work hours will become leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Residence Inn San Jose Escazu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn San Jose Escazu Hotel Escazu
- Residence Inn San Jose Escazu Costa Rica