“Excellent hotel”

Residence Inn by Marriott San Jose Escazu
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Escazu
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Hotel is in upscale suburban area with wealthy residential homes in its neighborhood, only 10 minutes or so from downtown. The hotel is in a very nice mall compound with first Starbucks in Costa Rica that just opened recently and attracting crowds. Clean modern facility. Furniture is nothing fancy but adequate.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank websurfer66

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Am new to business travel and to Latin America so this stay was extra comforting by the wonderful facility and excellent location. Felt safe, secure and comfortable. The surrounding area has new shopping and dining which makes for nice afternoon and evening walks. The hotel rooms are extremely spacious; modern and relaxing. The breakfast is excellent. I'll be back to stay here anytime I return to the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We stayed here for one night before we flew out of SJO. I believe this was sufficient. Check in was easy and fast. The hotel is really trendy and made of glass windows.mits in a great location, within walking distance of several restaurants, boutiques, the hospital, and a Walmart. They offer a complimentary shuttle to the Multiplaza which is the mall complex but you have to catch a taxi back which was $10.00 for 6 of us. We stayed in a 2/2 which was a bit cramped but it was for one night, we were fine. There was a sleeper sofa which worked well and a small kitchenette. We loved that the hotel was in the center, there were 4 great restaurants to choose from, an IMAX theater and upscale boutique stores. While they didn't have a restaurant in the hotel, they had a snack area for a midnight snack if needed. We didn't use the pool but their laundry facility was complimentary with your own detergent. That was a plus. The hotel also served complimentary breakfast which was absolutely delicious and a great bonus for us as we left for the airport. They have 24hr taxis on standby so getting a cab to the airport was simple, it was $25.00 for two of us, the others flew out different times so idk how much it would have been for all 6 of us. All in all, we loved the hotel, great value for us....idk if I would have paid $300 a night though if it were just me or two of us for one night though...that's based on the amount of space though.

Room Tip: Four to a 2/2 is comfortable, I don't recommend 6 people in the 2/2 for more than one night.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kris J
Reviewed April 16, 2012

You get what you pay for, if you don't mind spending more this is the place to stay. Quiet rooms comfortable beds, and a nice breakfast included. Very close to the multi plaza and walking distance to hospital Cima.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2012

During my stay at the end of 2011 I had $400 stolen from my room. The money was there in the morning when I left and was gone the next morning when I checked. I was the only person with access to the room other than hotel staff.
When I realized the theft I was told to fill out a report and I would be contacted. I was never contacted. I called several times and was told that the manager would get back to me, I was never contacted.
Finally on my 5th or 6th call I talked to someone in security that told me that they would look into it. I was sent a letter later that day saying that unfortunately they were unable to prove the theft or do anything about it.
I understand that because the money was not in the safe they were not responsible. I was more annoyed with the reaction to my repeated calls and refusal to address the situation.
At the time of the theft I had stayed at the hotel for almost 5 weeks on and off. Needless to say I will not return.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Joseph J
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Very nice and comfortable hotel with a great free breakfast every morning.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2012

They can defiantly improve on their customer service! Our room wasn’t cleaned and they weren’t helpful or friendly. Our bedroom was so small and the air conditioning blows right in your face when you sleep, most men would like that but I think I can speak for most women I hated it!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple