“simply great experience”

Sofia Restaurante Mediterraneo Arte & Cultura
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Mediterranean is our reason of being, with a wider concept that doesn't only include the food but also the health, the arts, the conversations and the friendships that are born in our table. Our influences come from the culinary and culturally richness of 22 Mediterranean countries.
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I was in this restaurant on February 23rd at the "Lebanese Night" and was simply overwhelmed by the quality of the food and the incredibly informative event. Coming from the Eastern Mediterranean myself, I must say that the "mezes" such as the humus and kibbeh, and the main courses such as the lamb with pomegranate and wine sauce were authentic and second to none.
The presentation by one of the members of the Lebanese community in Costa Rica has been excellent and was received with great enthusiasm by all the guests in the restaurant. Definitely a fantastic restaurant to visit by any gastronomic standards of the world.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I've lived in San Jose for five years, and Sofia Mediterraneo is my favorite Middle Eastern restaurant in the city. The owners are from Turkey, and they have a passion for great food. I discovered the restaurant while taking classes at the Spanish school across the street. Although there are many good restaurants nearby, Sofia Mediterraneo quickly became my favorite, and I found myself eating lunch there everyday. Their lunch specials, which change daily, are a delicious and inexpensive. If you're willing to spend a little more try their fantastic sampler plate (hummus, baba ghanoush, yogurt, olives, etc). Dinner is more expensive, but more sophisticated and worth the price. Most of the customers are locals, not tourists, and they come back again and again, which tells you all you need to know. If you're looking for exotic, flavorful food in a relaxed atmosphere Sofia Mediterraneo can't be beat.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had lunch here today. The executive lunch was $7 with tax and tip. Fresh Cas Juice, salad, eggplant pastry, rice and a small desert. It was full of flavor. The cute restaurant is in a great neighborhood on the east side of San Jose. I love that it is not cookie cutter like the chain restaurants.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Our tour had our final meal and it was great! The food was delicious, the service top notch and the atmosphere was refined yet relaxed. I would highly recommend this place to anyone that likes great food, wine, service and style! My favorites were the goat cheese and the lamb!