“clean & friendly”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Quepos
New York, NY
“clean & friendly”
Reviewed August 30, 2009

The staff spoke fluent English and were friendly and helpful. We had a problem with the safe in the room at first, but the desk clerk quickly fixed it for us. There's an internet terminal in the lobby as well as wifi in the hotel (although we didn't use the wifi). Our room was basic, but very clean and the a/c worked well. We liked the location. We stayed there while visiting Manuel Antonio, so we spent the day down at the beach, but came back to Quepos by bus (very easy!) where there are more restaurants as well as shops.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
new york
Reviewed May 8, 2009

Nice and clean,with a friendly staff a great value and I loved the pool!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
Montréal
Reviewed February 16, 2009

Montréal, Qué. February, 16, 2009
We are back from a two weeks trip to Costa Rica. We spent the last 10 days to Quepos, February 01 to february 11, 2009, at the Hotel La Sirena. We were enchanted by this hotel of about 13 rooms. The hotel is located in the center of Quepos, near all: the restaurants, terraces, bars, shops, two steps of the sea to go to admire the splendid sunsets all the end-of-days…When we arrived the first day, we were accomodated with the smile by Marcos, the employee at the reception, which gave us all the necessary informations. The following day, for our greater comfort, Carolina at the reception , was with an incredible availability. We had a large room, very clean, with two double beds (bed linen incredible cleanliness), a large and clean private bathroom with hot water, refrigirator, conditioned air, safety box, access illimited to internet in two private spaces in the Hall of the hotel, swimming pool impeccable cleanliness, service of bar and washing of linen, all generous breakfast included (eggs, fruits, juices and excellent cafe) and always been useful served with the smile by Patricia and Gilma. We left the Hotel La Sirena the last day with a certain nostalgia and the desire to certainly go back. All the personnel was with a great availability. Thanks to all employees for having made us spend this splendid 10 days to Quepos at the Hotel La Sirena. We had a wonderful time and we’ve already been saving many positive things about this hotel.
Michel and Daniel

• Liked — Kindness of employees and cleanliness of the hotel in general.
  • Disliked — nothing special to report
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank leolo7
Bay Area, California
Reviewed February 7, 2009

There isn't anything great about La Sirena but there isn't anything horrible about it. The staff was excellent but the rooms are an achilles heel mainly because they were tiny. Our room had two mediocre single beds. Despite the somewhat cramped quarters we were comfortable because the air conditioning works well and they get plenty of TV channels. We did not have any problems with theft in the hotel or anywhere in Quepos or Manuel Antonio. La Sirena has a night watchman who only lets hotel guests into the building.

We stayed here for 3 nights and overall it was comfortable but at $90/night it seemed expensive because of its basic amenities. It is 15 minutes from Manuel Antonio park, roughly 4,000 colones (less than $8) each way.

The staff was very accommodating and the front desk people speak excellent English. They have free wifi and an public internet access computer in the front room. There is a pool but we didn't use it. I would say the highlight here was the free breakfast. They bring you eggs, toast, juice, and fruit. It's a hearty meal that lasts until the afternoon.

I'm not sorry I stayed here but I doubt I would have a repeat visit. It's probably best for a short stays. 3 nights is probably the maximum I would stay at La Sirena.

• Liked — Quepos culturally an interesting place
  • Disliked — small rooms
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 30, 2008

My two daughters - 22 and 7 and I stayed at La Sirena for 10 days and loved it! The place was spotless and the pool sparkling. I have travelled to many countries and never met a nicer and more hospitable staff from the cleaning ladies to the front desk. Quepos is a small, friendly, and quaint town - a treasured spot away from the hustle and bustle, but with all the amenities within walking distance. I will stay there again - Best Place Ever!

• Liked — Courtyard Bar and Pool
  • Stayed April 2008
Florida
Reviewed January 24, 2008

I called the phone from bus terminal to ask if they had wireless Internet, my only requirement. They said yes, so I carried my bags to the hotel. The nervous American receptionist told us she made a mistake with the price she quoted on the phone and asked if we could pay $10 more. Eventually she agreed to her quoted price (I had carried the bags a long way). She proceeded to give us the room furthest from the Internet. By the time I determined the Internet signal was too weak, she had left the office and turned off the Internet ISDN server (Quepos does not have DSL). The manager came down, and spent a short amount of time trying to help us. She turned on the server, and when I was then able to get a signal, she accused me of playing games, of changing my story. At that point they more or less told us to leave and refunded our money., I had no idea if she would leave the server on (she claimed it was not necessary) or if I could get a good signal in any room, so I agreed. Initially she said I could work by the pool or in the office, but later she retracted this. So at 10 PM I was on the street with my heavy bag. Luckily at the Best Western Internet worked fine.

Stayed January 2008
1 Thank tfriedel
ManagerLaSirena, Manager at La Sirena Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2008
Our hotel for families is well located in downtown Quepos, only one block from the bus station. If you will decide to travel with heavy bags you can reach our hotel by cab for only $ 1 (cabs are located in front of bus station). I have in my hand the receipt signed by the customer for a full refund of $ 50. How everyone can check that is the rate for a single room (that was the reservation we received by phone). And finally that was we charged not to discuss also if the customer didn't arrive alone. We offer free internet service to our customers from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. That is clearly specified with a blue sign at the front desk and in the "welcome book" you could find in each room. Each room (we offer only 14 comfortable rooms) receives a clear signal if the utilized equipment is compatible. We can't let any no authorized person working in the office of the reception being the place where we custody properties and personal information of our customers. Also if the customer decided to leave the hotel at 10 p.m. we offered a full refund to stop any discussion. Sorry that didn't work. Enrica Minardi (Manager Hotel Sirena).
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed December 7, 2007

Friendly staff and clean premises but room safe did not work so (luckily) kept valuables with me when off the property. Clothing and other items went missing from room. Unfortunately, cannot recommend.

Stayed November 2007
1 Thank Gotgame
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quepos
Hotel Mono Azul
#5 of 13 in Quepos
El Faro Beach Hotel
El Faro Beach Hotel
#22 of 46 in Manuel Antonio National Park

Been to La Sirena Hotel? Share your experiences!