Serenity Boutique Hotel Quepos
Pacific Paradise Resort(Quepos)(Great Value!)
$59
$70
La Foresta Nature Resort(Quepos)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
$50
$49
  • Free Internet
All reviewsla sirenabudget hotelthe busthe breakfast areamanuel antoniocosta ricalovely little hotelfresh fruitplenty of hot watereggs and toastsmall hotelstayed here for nightswi fipizza placepool area isnice poolnew marina
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We spent 4 nights here in order to go to Manuel Antonio Park and do a bit of diving. Very nice place - the outside is a bit uninspiring but inside is a lovely little oasis with a nice pool and terrace etc. Rooms are good size, clean and have cable TV and you also get a breakfast of eggs included in the price. The only trouble is the room we were in had the fridge right next to the bed so we had to turn it off at night otherwise it made a right racket! But not a major thing!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
zarpe77, Manager at Serenity Boutique Hotel Quepos, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Thank you for you kind review.. We are glad you enjoyed staying with us and we hope too see you again soon.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

La Sirena served as the perfect base for my husband and I to explore the Quepos/Manuel Antonio area. It's a great hotel for those working with a budget, wanting a less touristy Costa Rican experience, and don't mind the absence of a backyard sandy beach. We chose Quepos over Manuel Antonio because it is cheaper, and were able to get the sense of a "real" Costa Rican town with less frill than the neighboring Manuel Antonio.

As for La Sirena - The staff was very friendly and helpful, the free breakfast was basic but pretty good (eggs, toast, and fresh fruit), and the location can't be beat! La Sirena is blocks away from the bus stop, grocery stores, restaurants, small shops, etc. The rooms themselves were very clean, the A/C and wi-fi were reliable, bathroom was really nice, and the fridge and TV were a plus. Though the rooms are quite small, we enjoyed the cozy atmosphere. Our only complaint is that the pillows were lumpy and uncomfortable, but we made it work. The pool was also really nice - a great refresher in the hot weather. Would definitely stay at La Sirena again!

Room Tip: There are several rooms located downstairs alongside the pool and breakfast area, which can be loud in the early morning hours. There are also a couple of rooms upstairs without windows and lacking a view. Ask for a room upstairs with a window, ours overlooked the pool and it was lovely.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
zarpe77, Manager at Serenity Boutique Hotel Quepos, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for your kind review and we will make sure to get those pillows you had replaced. Thanks again and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Just came back from a wonderful 10 day stay in Costa Rica. and spend all my time at La Sirena and had a thoroughly fantastic stay. The rooms were comfortable and spotlessly clean. I found the staff to all be very friendly and welcoming but the staff on the front desk were amazing and made my stay extra special . They were very helpful in organizing my activities and even encouraged me to try some i never thought i would which became the highlights of my trip. It was a great location with a great bus service to Manuel Antonio and although in downtown Quepos was very quiet at night.I would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
zarpe77, Manager at Serenity Boutique Hotel Quepos, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team, who I am sure will be encouraged by your remarks.

Once again thank you for having chosen us for your stay at La Sirena and for your feedback, we really appreciate that.

Looking forward to welcoming you again at the hotel

Reviewed April 5, 2013

First things first: The number one and two hotels rated in this category and 10 to 15 kilometres outside of town, so if you don't have a car, they may be in the vicinity, but they are not in Quepos itself.

I enjoyed my stay here from the manager Lucia, to Ana who cleaned my room, to Erica and Angelina who served breakfast.

The rooms are spotless, something hard to exaggerate in a hotel.

It is right in town, an easy walk from...everything...given the size of Quepos.

In giving it five stars, I am not saying it is a five-star hotel...it doesn't pretend to be.

It is the best that the town of Quepos has to offer, and if I return, I will not stay anywhere else.

If you want to visit the Park, it is 20 minutes and 50 cents away by bus.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank seetheworld9
zarpe77, Manager at Serenity Boutique Hotel Quepos, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for your review and clarification on the location of our hotel as compared to others. We look forward to you staying with us once again should you return to Quepos. We hope the rest of your trip went as well as your time at our hotel.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Stayed here for two nights, good all round. Our room was spotlessly clean and the airconditioning worked well. Swimming pool is lovely. Even though it is in the centre of town and very close to the bus station it was quiet at night. Staff were very friendly and helpfull. Only downside was quite expensive compared to other places we stayed of similar quality.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
zarpe77, Manager at Serenity Boutique Hotel Quepos, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for your kind review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We try our very best to keep our prices as low as possible and still offer our guests the best service and free extras such as the WI FI and full breakfast. Thank you once again for staying with us and we do hope to see you again on your next trip to Costa Rica..