other travelers have booked this property

Review of Villa Despertar

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Average - based on 2 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Ray K
“We were cheated out of $600 dollars!”
Reviewed January 11, 2016 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

We arrived in Quespos and got a taxi. The taxi driver followed the directions the owner gave us. We went up and down the road trying to find the BLUE and WHITE house. The taxi driver even stopped several times and asked people along the dirt road road if they knew of the house, showing them the picture of the house. No one knew of such a house. We had to book a hotel back in Quepos because we had no where to stay. The hotel staff called the owner's number for us and we told the owner that we couldn't find the house. His response was "did you drive past the palm plantation"? I said "yes". After that I hung up on him, out of frustration. There was no communication by phone or email offering to have another person drive to our hotel and have us follow the person to his house so we could find it. As far as "payment protection" from Trip Advisor that's a joke. Trip Advisor is refusing to give us our money back. WHAT KIND OF BUSINESS IS THIS??? The owner's response at present is "I rented it to someone else before and they had no problem finding it". Really? There are no addresses in Costa Rica. If the local taxi driver couldn't find it, how were we supposed to find it? WE WERE CHEATED!!!! We lost over $600 booking this place.

How easy was key pickup/access to the property? Service
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Apr 2, 2016
I'm sorry this happened. But I do not think it's fair just write a part of history. First of all , in our communications we had via email, you told me you would rent a car, when you called me , you said you did not want the car because it was a lot of money . I will attach emails with our conversations.I sent photos with the exact location of the house. In addition the email where I asked you to please contact trip advisor to cancel the reservation, but you didn't do it. You called TripAdvisor a week later , until you had returned to the United States .

EMAILS:

Guest:
11/29/15

to me
Hi ! We're rented your property from December 30 2015 to January 7 2016 . How ever we're need the address and directions to get there. We're arrive at San Jose airport and we a rental car. Please email me for the information. Thanks!

to guest:
Good morning. Is it your first time in Costa Rica? Driving in Costa Rica is a little more complicated than US.
The easiest way to get to my house will be using a gps. You don't really need to rent a gps with your car, if you have a smart phone I really recommend you to download the app Waze. It works good in Costa Rica.
You can type on the directions " San Rafael, Quepos". That will take you to the small town were my house is located.
My house is located like 2 1/2 hours away from the airport without traffic. The easiest way to get there is using route 27, just have in mind that you have to pay tolls, so have Costa Rican money when you exit the airport.

Have a wonderful day.

Guest:

to me
I been there a few times, l know the way to quepos. Also there are house got no number, but the street name? The town? I need to know that. Please give me some directions so I could find your house. Thank You!

Me:

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

These were satellite images on how to get to my house. You can also see those pictures on my house add.

The town were the house is located is called San Rafael de cerros. The easiest way to get to my house is to set up the gps to Damas. Once you are there look for the soccer field. From there keep going 1 km and you will make a left to a gravel road. At that point go 3.8 km into the gravel road. You are going to drive into the palm plantations. Don't be afraid if you don't see houses for a while.
My house is going to be on your left hand side.

In the past people staying at my house didn't have any trouble getting there.

What time are you going to arrive to Costa Rica?

Guest: 12/1/15
Date: Tuesday, December 1, 2015
Subject: Address

We will be arriving on the 30th of this month around noon. When and how do we get the house key?

Me:

My parents will be waiting for you at the house to give you the keys. They will stay there in a separate cabin just in case you guys need something.

12/30/15

to Guest:
Hey Guest. I'm worried about you. I don't know where are you guys at?

Please let me know

On Dec 1, 2015, at 4:47 PM, Guest> wrote:

Date: Tuesday, December 1, 2015
Subject: Address

Guest: 12/30/15
In queplos

ME:
If you are not going to stay at my place anymore, you need to contact trip advisor and cancel your booking.

And this is the last email that we exchange.
It is too bad I can't attached images to this response because I also have on my cell phone the screen shot with the exact location using waze application.
That day I tried several times to called your cell phone but it was off. I also called back to the number that you used to contact me. It was a hotel in Quepos and when I ask for you, they told me that you were not staying there, that you only used their phone to contact me.
So I did try to get in contact with you and help you find my place.
Again I am really sorry that all this happen, but at the same time, I couldn't rent my house those days ( 12/30/15 to 01/7/16 one of the busiest weeks in Costa Rica) to anybody else because you never cancel your reservation.

Travelers are raving about these Quepos hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing