“Rancho Los Tucanes Rafting Adventure”

Pro Rafting Costa Rica
Ranked #1 of 62 Tours in Quepos
More attraction details
Owner description: PRO Rafting Costa Rica offers some of the world's best white water rafting. Wild and untamed, these big,sometimes tecnical rivers plunge through spectacularly beautiful rain-forest, largely unexplored tropical wilderness. We are an Eco-friendly outdoor adventure company. Our guides and staff are committed to deliver excellent customer service under internationally safety standards.
Simi Valley, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Rancho Los Tucanes Rafting Adventure”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We ranted down the Naranjo and Savegre Rivers. What an adventure! That time of year the rivers were class III and offered both adventurous rapids and relaxing parts too. I wore a bathing suit and swim shorts and water proof shoes and was comfortable. I have to mention the guides on this review also. They all had great personalities and were very funny. That's one thing I can say about Costa Rica... The people are so friendly! At the end of the tour expect wonderful cut up fruit eaten in the rain forest.

Saint Clair, Michigan
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Rio Savegre April 4th, 2013”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This was our first trip to Costa Rica and several people recommended that we river raft while we were in the country. We had never been river rafting, so we were not sure what to expect. Our concierge at our resort recommended PRO Rafting and he did not disappoint us. Our guides were Marcelo, Mel and Felipe. Gravy (never learned his real name!) was in the safety kayak taking pictures. We had two small girls with us so you always worry about keeping them occupied while traveling. On the hour drive to the drop off location they told us several interesting points about the surrounding area and kept the girls interested the whole time. The best part was we were only grouped with 5 other people so we got a more personable experience. I think what I loved most about the trip was how much the guides truly loved their jobs. We had a great time and would highly recommend using PRO Rafting to anyone looking for a great river rafting experience. We also bought the pictures at the end of the trip. I would highly recommend doing making that purchase. The looks they caught on our faces as we rafted were truly priceless! Thanks again to all our guides....you guys were the best.

Emsdale, Canada
“Great Overnight Trip on the Savegre”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We spent two excellent days on the Savegre river with PRO Rafting. My wife and daughters were in the raft with Felipe and I was in a kayak. Roberto was the safety boater. I've lead a few whitewater trips myself so I can tell you that the trip was very well run, safe and a lot of fun. From the safety talk to descriptions of rapids communication was excellent. I could tell that Felipe was assessing our paddling skills at the beginning and that he adjusted the trip to suit our experience level. The rapids were excellent class III to III+ and the scenery was beautiful with many waterfalls coming into the river. Food and accommodations in the rainforest were great. On the second day the rapids were slightly smaller and my kids got to paddle "the ducky" (a small two person raft / inflatable kayak on their own. Todd, Ontario, Canada.

Visited December 2012
Lafayette, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Naranjo River..Class III/IV”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a great experience with this company. We took 8 adults and 8 children down a beautiful stretch of the river. Water was on the low side so we had to work through some very narrow passages. WSeveral of the group ended up in the water but without any problems getting back in the rafts. Guides were great.

Orlando, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fabulous rafting adventure for families”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Our group of 16 (8 adults, 8 children) had a fabulous rafting adventure in April. Felipe, Marcello and the other staff were highly experienced, and took our team down the Savegre river. They provided door to door service, including transportation, snacks and lunch. Highly recommend.