“Typical food, great value”

Marisqueria y Restaurante Kukula
Ranked #20 of 95 Restaurants in Quepos
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The restaurant is sort of a no door thing, so you are inside but also outside. Great food, we brought our own wine ( most places in Quepos let you do this) and the service was super friendly. We have been there a couple of times and are never disappointed. I love the fish in lemon sauce.

2  Thank Sabrina1176

Reviewed January 11, 2013

A small but very pleasant restaurant with a wonderful Caprese salad and starter of ceveche. The entree of fresh Red Snapper cooked whole was wonderful. Chef Kukula is from Quepos and his style is classic Costa Rican with a friendly staff and friendly atmosphere.

2  Thank Jay W
Reviewed January 8, 2013

an unpretentious place with good seafood. values are hard to find closer to manuel antonio park but this place is worth the short drive across town. it's a little noisy since it's on a busy street. however, it feels authentic and the service was good. best meal we had in 3 days in the area.

1  Thank Sean B
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I was looking for a good sea food restaurant in Quepos so I asked some people on the street and they all recommended Marisqueria Kukula. Good fresh food. Very nice service. I recommend it.

1  Thank Rulber
Reviewed July 3, 2012

First of all the location is easy to find so that is good but the open doors open right to the bus stop so there is a ton of bus noise and fumes coming into the restaurant along with a lot of motorcycle noise. Why they have the doors open there vs the more quiet sidestreet I don't know.

Not a single customer when we arrived...should have taken that as a hint. Only one waiter and one cook should have been another. Waiter was however friendly but not overly engaged...no water at all given to us and not a single refill of beverages or even asking if we wanted another drink. What was very odd was he took our empty glasses after the appetizer and never brought anything back so nothing to drink rest of meal....it was very odd.

Food was ok at best. Seafood rice was their speciality and it was horrible. So much salt as to be inedible. I didn't return it because at that point I just didn't want to even bother. On the flip side one member of our group said the lemon chicken was very good. Overall though majority of food in our group was not good.

One other note....disgusting restroom that opens directly into dining area. We have traveled a fair amount and this was near the worst seen.

I hate giving bad reviews. But honestly I would not go back here. Far and away the worst food and atmopshere of our four days in quepos and Manuel Antonio. There are a lot better options out there.